Medic Mobile is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 2010 to advance health and human flourishing with and for the hardest-to-reach communities. We envision a more just world in which health workers are supported as they provide care for their neighbors, universal health coverage is a reality, and health is a secured human right. Practically, we have advanced our mission by building, implementing, and supporting open-source digital tools that support Community Health Workers, managers, and facility-based health workers. Along with our partners, we build and apply software that helps health workers deliver high-quality, equitable care in redesigned health systems. Our team and partners support more than 28,000 frontline health workers caring for an estimated 15 million people in 18 countries across Africa and Asia.
Each member of our team was drawn to this mission and emboldened by a vision of global health equity. Our diversity of skills and experiences helps us tackle complex challenges – we look forward to hearing from you and exploring ways to work together.
We’re seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our Delivery team. As Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing projects and project teams to optimally design and roll out digital health apps built on the Community Health Toolkit (CHT). You will be working in an agile environment alongside and coordinate with a dynamic, multi-skilled, multi-cultural teams of developers, designers, health systems specialists, data scientists and engineers.
You will work on the frontline with community health workers, manage digital health technologies, and deliver solutions that enable people to live healthier lives in West Africa.
- Lead the development and implementation of applications built on the CHT core framework
- Coordinate capacity building of partner teams in designing, developing, hosting and deploying CHT applications
- Build a strong rapport with a network of partners, including national and international organizations and Ministries of Health
- Develop project technical documentation including work plans, budgets and reports for both internal & external stakeholders, continuously monitor project progress, and identify and communicate changes to scopes and timelines
- Proactively manage project resources and scope, risks and uncertainties and building and implementing contingency and mitigation plans
- Lead quality assurance of outputs including technical requirements documentation, reports, developed toolkit (web, mobile application and dashboards), alongside spearheading continuous process improvements
- 5+ years of experience leading teams, either in digital health deployment, project management, product management, software development, technical operations, or a relevant area
- Demonstrated history of delivering high-quality results on schedule and within budget
- Outstanding and effective interpersonal skills paired with strong written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to translate technical jargon into partner-appropriate fluid conversation
- Experience in engaging with government stakeholders at all levels – senior officials to frontline health workers
- Cultural sensitivity and adaptability to changing contexts and communication styles
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities, analyze problems, and find resolution to emerging issues at strategic and functional levels
- Self-motivated results-oriented team player, who also can coordinate and lead dynamic teams, some remote or global that spans multiple time zones
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and sometimes unstructured environment
- Strong understanding of the ehealth / mHealth ecosystem
- Passionate about healthcare being delivered as a human right
- Fluent in both English and French (written and verbal communication)
- PMP, Prince2 or an equivalent certification in Agile Project Management
- Must be legally eligible to work in Senegal.
- Demonstrated deep understanding of human-centered design principles and methodologies
- Experience with configuration management and release management
- General understanding of cloud-based technology, open-source software, development processes, and databases
- Working knowledge of monitoring or evaluation of technology/social innovation projects, knowledge of best practices in the field
- Familiarity with the health systems in West Africa, and experience working with marginalized communities in social impact programmes in the region