Svitzer recruits 01 Procurement Officer
Transports et logistique
Procurement Officer – Egypt
EgyptAlexandriaLocalProcurement Last application date: 31/1/2021
Svitzer is one of the world’s largest towage companies, owning and operating vessels in more than 40 countries and more than 150 ports and terminals across the globe. The company is growing rapidly both organically and through acquisitions. Svitzer is a wholly-owned part of the Maersk Group. For more information about the company, please visit http://www.svitzer.com.
This role is based in Egypt & will be reporting to the Finance Manager. The successful applicant will support the purchasing and logistics team for a fleet of 9 vessels under direct management for our operations.
As a Procurement Officer you will be part of a highly engaged international team with ambitious business targets. We set the bar high for ourselves and the organization, maintaining a results driven and aggressive mind-set while striking a positive work/life balance. We pride ourselves on treating each other with respect and see our diversity as a genuine competitive advantage.
We offer This role provides the incumbent the responsibility to reduce the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of goods and services (incl non-technical) for Svitzer Egypt. This includes, but is not limited to, P2P process implementation and optimization, vendor relationship management, shipping and logistics of goods as well as general cost and supply optimization of all aspects of Svitzer Egypt operations.
The role also offers a unique opportunity for a pro-active and organized individual to exercise functional expertise across a large operation, building a culture of technical excellence and craftsmanship across the fleet. This position will be able to draw from a well-developed toolbox within the Global Svitzer organization, selecting and applying practices from other parts of the world and applying in a local context.
A network of seasoned professionals across various geographies are your go-to peers for sparring and consultation. The AMEA Region currently operates vessels in ports and terminals in Egypt, Morocco, Oman, Liberia, Angola, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, Bangladesh and Russia and is shortlisted for large projects is other geographies.
Key responsibilities • Responsible for all requisitions as part of the procurement process and procedures
• Assist with vessel requisition procurement process as per procurement regulations / procedures as assigned by the Procurement Manager
• Ensure that the product or service received is time bound for vessels as well as office requisitions, prepare delivery notes, follow due process and upload them on Sertica.
• Upload and keep upto date necessary documentation i.e. product brouchers, certificates on Sertica.
• Update vendor profiles
• Administrative support for the larger procurement function.
• Upload invoice to relevant finance systems after being reviewed.
• Prepare vendor payment cheques, distribute and maintain acknowledgement receipts.
• Handle adhoc procurement related correspondence.
• Other adhoc tasks assigned by the Procurement and Logistics Manager.
We are looking for
Education: • Bachelor Degree in Logistics Management / Administration
Training / Competencies:
• 3-4 Years of domain experience
• Proficiency in English, both written and spoken
• Good Organizational and interpersonal skills
• Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Ability to act with tact and discretion
• Excellent skills in MS Office suite POSTULER