|UNICEF recruits 01 Associate project Officer|
|Localisation||Dakar / Sénégal|
|Expiration||15 Fevrier 2021|
Description de l’offre
ASSOCIATE PROJECT OFFICER
Parent Sector : Field Office
Duty Station: Dakar
Job Family: Communication and Information
Type of contract : Non Staff
Level : SB-4 / 1
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 15-FEB-2021
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
ONLY CANDIDATES WHO ARE ENTITLED TO WORK IN SENEGAL CAN APPLY
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the authority of the Director of the UNESCO Regional Office for West Africa-Sahel, and under the direct supervision of the Regional Adviser for Communication and Information, the incumbent of the post, hired within the framework of the joint project “Support for the Implementation of Cross-Border Cooperation Activities in the Liptako-Gourma Region”, will be responsible for:
• Providing support to the planning, implementation and monitoring of the project according to strategy and expected results;
• Taking every action, including field-trip and desk review, for provision of effective administrative, financial, budgetary and logistics support to the project in compliance with the Organization rules, regulations and procedures;
• Evaluating the context and factors likely to impact on the execution of the project and propose adjustments or corrective measures;
• Drafting, including within DUO system, every reference document necessary for procurements, organizing activities (ToR, speeches, press releases, etc.) and reporting on project implementation;
• Monitoring contracts and evaluating deliverables;
• Participating in meeting and working sessions of the project coordination team and preparing responses to their requests;
• Contributing to initiatives for resource mobilization and project scaling up;
• Carrying out any other duties as may be required.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
Planning and organizing (C)
Results focus (C)
• Master degree in the field of communication, social sciences, statistics, media studies, or journalism.
• Two years of proven professional experience in providing support to project implementation including:
o Collaborating with NGOs, UN agencies and/or other donor or international organizations;
o Designing and effecticting project monitoring and evaluation;
o Drafting presentations, preparing meetings and administrative documentation for projects;
o Elaborating budgets, work-plans, implementation plans and project report;
o Preparing of solicitation documentation;
o Undertaking desk research.
• Good writing skills, documentary research, analysis and synthesis;
• Very good knowledge of English and French;
• Very good abaility to use office automation software.
• Experience working or implementing project in conflict-prone environment is an advantage;
• Experience working with UN or international organizations is an advantage;
• Willingness to undertake field trips and interact with different stakeholders in conflict-prone environment or conflit zone;
• Knowledge of UNESCO actions, particularly in the field of communication and information.
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
The benefits include, inter alia, 2.5 days’ annual leave per month of service, a contribution of 5% and 10% of the monthly salary paid in supplement by the Organization, respectively for health insurance and pension, upon presentation by the person concerned of proof of membership to a private pension and/or insurance scheme.
SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
COMMENT POSTULER ?
Apply online :