Winrock International recruits 01 Finance Officer
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party, Operations
The Feed the Future Senegal Dekkal Geej project is a 5 year program funded by USAID. Feed the Future is an initiative of the United States Government. The Dekkal Geej project aims to contribute to the development of a sustainable fishing system that is inclusive equitable and efficient. The program has 6 main approaches including stakeholder engagement, information for decision-making, co-management, incentives for behavior change, livelihoods and value chain and policy development. The project is at its mid-point and aims to accelerate transformation change in the fishing sector.
The Finance Officer (FO) will closely work with Operations DCOP, the operations team and the COP for day-to-day financial accounting and general office services and organized records and documentation in adherence with Winrock and USAID procedures.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the accounting, finance components of the program in country, including petty cash funds and field office finance, accounting.
- Ensure consistency with Winrock standard operating procedures, policies and accounting principles.
- Prepare monthly requests for funds, based on budget and cash flow projections, to ensure the project has all necessary funds for operations.
- Partner monitoring and facilitate Internal and External Audits.
- Ensure financial reporting is in accordance with the donor contractual requirements.
- Prepare different vouchers (disbursement, receipt and general journal vouchers) for expenditures and ensures that expenses are reasonable, allowable and allocable to the project.
- Prepare monthly financial expenditure reports.
- Fulfill the financial rules and procedures of Winrock International, donor and government of Senegal laws/regulations that are applicable to the project.
- Withhold/deduct taxes at source and ensure payment of GoS taxes.
- Ensure proper recording of transaction through QuickBooks accounting software
- Prepare different types of budget as required to carry out the project activity.
- Review monthly payroll procedures for national staff.
- Maintain financial documentation, controls and procedures for the management of funds and sub awards/contracts.
- Liaise with Home Office to ensure the project needs are being met in terms of accounting, contracts, human resources, IT, and operations.
- Record keeping of partners’ management of funds and cross check source documents.
- Maintain financial files and support annual audits.
- Any other task as assigned by supervisor
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or Chartered Accountancy Course Completion (CA. CC). Education qualification may be relaxed for experience & skilled person.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in administrative and financial management in large scale and complex projects/organizations.
- Preference will be given to those with extensive knowledge of USAID or other donors rules and regulations
Skills and experience
- Demonstrated expertise and excellent track record in finance, accounting, budget preparation and management.
- Demonstrated understanding on administration, procurement processes, compliance, and reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork.
- Fluency in oral and written English.
- Proven experience in supervision and management of staff.
- Proficiency in MS office excel and familiar with QuickBooks.
- Understand and demonstrated experience in contract and contracting of NGOs in Senegal.
- Relevant skills on usage of IT equipment and applications.
The primary work location will be at Dekkal Geej Project office in Dakar. However, visits to project sites located outside of Dakar is anticipated throughout the life of the project.
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. Winrock recruits, employs, trains, promotes and compensates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
At Winrock we have a clear mission: Empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity and sustain natural resources through unwavering dedication to accountability, equity, innovation, integrity and transformation.
Winrock knows that its success comes from the hard work and steadfast dedication of its diverse workforce. Winrock remains committed to maintaining diversity, inclusion and equity across the entire organization.
Closing date : 3 March 2022. Postuler