World Food Programme recruits 01 Joint Data Analyst _ National Consultant
World Food Programme
Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, …), Projet/programme de développement
Opportunités de carrière : Joint Data Analyst _ National Consultant (141909)
Job Title : Joint Data Analyst
Job Level : National Consultant
Number of openings : 01
Unit/ Division : VAM / M&E
Contract duration : 6 months
Duty station : Yaoundé
Assisting almost 100 million people in around 83 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
Our mission is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In line with global commitments, agreements, strategies and principles on increased interagency collaboration, UNHCR and WFP have created a Joint Programme Excellence and Targeting Hub. The established framework for collaboration provides a strong basis for the two agencies to provide strategic and operational support at country-level, with the objective of improving outcomes for refugees. This will be achieved through a new way of working, ensuring effective use of limited resources by targeting the right people with the right assistance, including support towards longer-term self-reliance.
Through a joint team of roving experts, the hub is providing support to eight country offices throughout the programme cycle: i) Joint situation and context analysis; ii) Integrated programme design, iii) Targeting strategy, iv) Implementation, and v) Monitoring, learning and feedback. Experts are providing remote and/or in-country support, building on existing structures and capacities.
Cameroon has requested support from the Hub in data collection and analysis to boost UNHCR and WFP Country Office capacity to realize joint activities and deliverables.
To support the Cameroon WFP and UNHCR offices in data collection, management and analysis, and result dissemination on the ground, a National consultant is being recruited.
Why work with us?
• WFP provides food assistance to more than 86 million people in 83 countries, including Cameroon. Your work will have a positive impact on lives of the world’s most vulnerable people. • You will join a diverse team of professionals and will have an opportunity to exchange your experiences with your colleagues and continuously learning from each other. • WFP invests in the training and development of its employees through a range of training, accreditation, mentorship and other programs as well as through international mobility opportunities. • Our team is growing nationally and internationally and the timing to join us cannot be better!Join us to make a difference, watch this video to know more about us!!
Link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnaxfnNKdsM
Key Responsibilities (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
Under the supervision of the WFP Cameroon VAM & M&E Officer and the Targeting Advisor and in close collaboration with members of the Hub team and technical counterparts in WFP and UNHCR, the Consultant will be responsible for providing data related support to joint WFP and UNHCR Cameroon assessment and targeting activities and deliverables.
S/he will be responsible for the following activities:
• Joint data collection and management, in coordination with relevant Hub and UNHCR and WFP Cameroon technical staff: • Support joint collection of assessment and monitoring data on assisted and non-assisted refugee populations (development of terms of reference, sampling, questionnaires and implementation processes, analysis and reporting) • Support joint collection of data required for identification and monitoring of refugee vulnerabilities and capacities to support and/or inform joint targeting activities and joint livelihoods & self-reliance activities, and strengthen evidence-based decision making and programming • Support joint UNHCR-WFP data standardization processes, data archiving and support sharing of assessment, targeting and monitoring data in coordination with CO technical staff and Hub Data Systems/Interoperability Officer • Joint data analysis, in coordination with relevant Hub and UNHCR and WFP Cameroon technical staff: • In collaboration with relevant Hub staff, undertake qualitative and quantitative data analysis tasks (statistical analysis, desk reviews, etc.) to support joint assessments (including JAM for Nigerian refugees), refugee and host community consultations (on targeting eligibility criteria and risks), targeting approaches, outcome monitoring, verification exercises, etc. • Contribute to the design and testing of joint assessment and monitoring tools to collect primary data, including sampling, questionnaire design, enumerator training and questionnaire piloting in line with applicable UNHCR and WFP guidance • Support the development and delivery of training and guides on data collection and analysis, monitoring tools and guidelines, and processes for WFP, UNHCR and partner staff, as needed • Support the planning and delivery of capacity strengthening workshops/learning events for WFP and UNHCR Cameroon staff if needed. • Collect and analyse secondary data link to WFP/UNHCR Hub activities / workstreams • Create a repository of all assessment, reports link to WFP/UNHCR Hub activities / workstreams • Presentation and dissemination of evidence-based findings, in coordination with relevant Hub and UNHCR and WFP Cameroon technical staff: • Prepare dissemination materials and overviews to support internal decision making as well as Hub and CO communications with donors and stakeholders on joint programming • Present joint analytical results using digital visualization (e.g. dashboards) and prepare joint technical reports, briefs, bulletins, presentations and other communication materials for technical and non-technical audiences • Support the documentation of best practices and lessons learned on joint data collection, analysis and targeting, to enhance improved in-country capacity and Hub practices, learning and reporting. Expected Deliverables • Cleaned and analyzed ready-to-use datasets stored and made available to all relevant parties • Robust joint or coordinated analysis conducted and well documented • Data and analysis results shared in a timely and easy-to-use manner that informs programme design and targeting decisions • CO / joint analytical capacity is strengthened. • Analysis related products (presentation, visualization, graphics, etc.) produced and shared upon request targeting relevant stakeholders • Training sessions and guides on data collection and analysis. Qualifications and Key Requirements
• Education : Advanced University degree in statistics, computer science, economics, social science, monitoring & evaluation, development studies or a related field.
• At least 4 years’ experience in conducting quantitative analysis in humanitarian or development settings to inform policy and assistance programming Knowledge and Skills :
• Demonstrated experience coordinating data collection in development settings • Experience conducting participatory multi-stakeholder consultations and/or experience on qualitative data collection involving vulnerable communities • Previous experience with targeting in the context of social protection and safety nets of advantage • Strong demonstrated experience in conducting quantitative analysis using statistical packages such as SPSS/STATA/R and GIS software • Experience in qualitative research methods and data analysis • Understanding of vulnerability assessment methodologies and tools • Experience or professional training in food security, essential needs analysis, livelihoods and vulnerability analysis in poverty settings highly desirable • Experience with UNHCR et WFP’s data collection and analysis tools such as PRIMES, Kobo, Scope • Experience in inter-agency coordination and strong coordination and partnership management skills • Excellent communication skills experience (proven ability to write reports, present assessment findings and to communicate effectively) • Experience working in dynamic and innovative environments • Demonstrated ability to work independently but interacting with a large team, both remotely and in-office • Previous experience with refugee settings, protection issues and programming in refugee and/or IDP response settings would be an asset
Competencies : Cognitive Capacity, Teamwork, Action Management, Innovation, Partnering, Client Orientation Languages : Strong written and oral English skills (proficiency/level C) and full fluency in French (proficiency/level C) is required.
Deadline for application
Date : 03rd of May 2021 at 11:59 PM (GMT+1).
This position open to Cameroonian nationals only
Terms and Conditions
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting an inclusive work environment in which diversity is valued and where no form of discrimination is tolerated. We aim to achieve parity in our teams in West and Central Africa.
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate based on HIV/AIDS status.
?No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service. POSTULER