BBC recruits 01 Journalist (Multimedia)
As part of the one of the biggest broadcasters in the world, BBC Afrique serves audiences across Francophone Africa via radio, online and social media from our regional hub in Dakar, Senegal. Our output is varied with a strong emphasis on regional and international current affairs.
From covering breaking news, sport, arts, business, features and challenging decision makers to discussing the issues that affect the daily lives of Africans, our daily output is delivered across a range of platforms.
We are looking for an experienced radio journalist to join our team in Dakar.
- You will work on BBC Afrique’s current affairs magazine, Au Coeur de l’Actu, which airs weekdays as part of BBC Matin. This daily, 10-minute radio magazine goes in-depth on a top regional development in francophone Africa. We provide context, on-ground experiences and a wide range of perspectives.
- You will be responsible for pitching, gathering and producing high-quality, original material for the program. Most days, you will also present the magazine.
- You will primarily work across radio, though you can expect to contribute to our digital output as well, in particular creating web site articles or social media content from or around the Au Coeur de l’Actu program.
The Ideal Candidate
- Professional experience as a radio journalist. We are looking for dynamic and engaging on-air presentation, strong writing and interview skills and multimedia production savvy, including audio editing skills.
- A track record of producing engaging and impactful content for radio, online and/or social media.
- Creative ideas for story angles and treatments to explain the news, create conversation and engage underserved audiences in Francophone Africa, like women and young people
- Demonstrable editorial judgment and understanding of BBC’s editorial standards, as well as a desire to report news and current affairs in a fair and unbiased way for a Francophone African audience.
- Broad knowledge of and interest in international and African affairs, news sources and key issues affecting the Francophone African region.
- Fluency in French and English
- Band: C
- Contract type: Permanent
- Location: Dakar, Senegal
Local Terms & Conditions apply
Any offer of employment with the BBC is conditional upon you having the right to work in Senegal.
Please submit your CV and application questions in English.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual’s unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
Closing date : 22 February 2022. Postuler