Plan International is a girls’ rights organization that partners with adolescents and children around the world to overcome oppression and gender inequality, providing the support and resources that are unique to their needs and the needs of their communities. Working in more than 75 countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas, Plan’s holistic, rights-based approach ensures that our project participants achieve their full potential with dignity, opportunity and safety. Our projects are designed in partnership with communities and strategically address systemic issues that often transcend sectors. With extensive local networks and community reach, Plan drives positive change through broad community participation, achieving sustainable results by actively engaging and providing services to individuals, families, communities and governments. Plan International has been working in Senegal since 1982.
Plan International is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID-funded Better Lives for Mes Enfants activity in Senegal. The COP will oversee all aspects of this project, leading strategic planning and decision making, providing technical guidance, overseeing activities of the sub-recipients, and supervising staff. Serving as the key liaison with USAID, Ministries of the Government of Senegal (GOS), implementing partners and other stakeholders, the COP will also establish and maintain an integrated vision among different actors while ensuring adherence to all project objectives, performance requirements, and donor regulations. S/he will oversee coordination of field operations and ensure that activities are meeting USAID and Plan standards. The position is contingent upon award of the project by the donor.
- Design and direct program activities in consultation with USAID and key stakeholders, and in collaboration with Plan USA staff;
- Lead and oversee a team of technical experts, advisors, local partners, and other project staff;
- Ensure effective and efficient team collaboration, through the use or creation of team management tools, resources and strategies;
- Serve as the primary in-country point of contact for the project, and represent the project and/or Plan, with USAID, partner organizations, national government stakeholders, and other education donors and implementers; and
- Ensure efficient and compliant management of financial resources.
- A Master’s degree in management, international development, political science or a related field;
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience in international development;
- S/he must have demonstrated capabilities in high-level strategic visioning and working effectively with local civil society organizations, local government and community-led organizations;
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of similar sized donor-supported programs;
- Skills in strategic planning, management, supervision and budgeting;
- Proven leadership qualities, excellent program and personnel management skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in French and English; communication skills in Wolof or other Senegalese local language preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to work constructively with both senior level of government officials and local community leaders;
- Have excellent training and experience in working with local communities on self-identified solutions with demonstrated sustainability;
- Previous experience with leading USAID funded projects, preferably in Senegal;
- In-depth expertise and experience in trafficking in persons and/or forced begging or labor and demonstrate their experience in leading training or activities in this subject area;
- Expertise in promoting change in the TIP, child welfare or child protection sectors; and
Demonstrated commitment to gender transformative programming and experience in implementing programs with gender-focused components
Plan is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY?
This position is opened for all applicants and females’ candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
To apply, click on the link below and send your application by May 28th 2021 :
Your application should include :
- A comprehensive cover letter
- A comprehensive and clear CV that includes the contact of three our four of your professional referees, one of whom should be your current employer.