|Africa Oil & Power recruits 01 Field Editor|
|Localisation||Dakar or Kinshasa / Sénégal|
|Expiration||14 Mars 2021|
Description de l’offre
Nom de l’entreprise : Africa Oil & Power
Lieu de l’entreprise : Dakar, Sénégal
Based in Dakar or Kinshasa, the Field Editor has overall responsibility for the daily creation of content for AOP platforms. They report in a matrix structure to the International Conference Director, Publications Editor, and Programming Director.
WHO WE ARE
Africa Oil & Power (AOP) unites the continent’s energy industry. Through its series of oil, gas, and power-focused events, industry news, analysis, and publications, AOP has created Africa’s leading investment platform covering the entire energy value chain – from oil and gas exploration to renewable power generation. Based in Cape Town, South Africa, we have an enthusiastic, international team producing events and digital and print content, and promoting investment in energy in all corners of the continent.
WHAT’S EXCITING ABOUT THIS JOB
The key priorities for this role include copywriting and editing primarily for print publications but also web and social media platforms. In addition, the successful candidate will interview policymakers and executives, process interviews and information acquired in the field to make investment reports, and conduct live interviews on camera when needed.
Key responsibilities include:
• Market research and creation of a database of energy industry actors in an assigned country
• Writing and editing of news, analysis, opinion, and other formats for AOP content platforms
• Produce and edit content to agreed deadlines
• Signing up of new speakers for AOP events and providing administrative support for programming for events
• Supporting programming, content, and marketing teams during AOP events, including but not limited to social media posting, basic photography, and coordination of the program.
• The general content and production-related tasks assigned by the production desk when required.
• 1- 3years experience in the media, communication, or journalism field
• Willing to live and work on assignments on an on-going basis. Initially, this role will be based in Nigeria.
• Understanding of industry trends, technologies, opportunities, and challenges.
• Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
• Exceptional organization, communication, and time management skills.
• Provide clippings of previously published work
• Fluency in English essential; fluency in French would be advantageous
• Pétrole et énergie
• Relations publiques
COMMENT POSTULER ?
*Please send your resume to [email protected] *