Recently accredited to the Green Climate Fund (GCF) Save the Children is setting up a team to support the development of new project designs and partnership configurations for our GCF pipeline. The role of the Climate Change New Business development & Partnership Advisor is to support Save the Children’s Partnership, Fundraising and Business Development teams across the movement to identify and engage new and existing donors in support of the expanding GCF pipeline and portfolio.
The role will provide strategic support and technical guidance to the Save the Children Members working to identify, engage and leverage a variety of donors, including corporate, major donors and trusts and foundations as well as institutional and multilateral donors engaged in climate finance. Closely coordinating with and supporting the Global Fundraising & Marketing Hub and its associated working groups, the role will bring a fresh pair of eyes and new relationships in the climate change and environmental sustainability funding sector to complement the existing work of Save the Children.
The 2 primary objectives of the role are to:
- Help identify and engage new and existing donors willing and able to fund the program designs of Save the Children’s ambitious portfolio of GCF projects.
- Support Save the Children Members in the identification and engagement of existing and new donors wiling to co-finance Save the Children’s portfolio of GCF projects.
To achieve this the Climate Change Partnership Advisor will:
* Provide Country Offices working on GCF project designs advice and support to establish a fundraising and partnership strategy for their GCF projects.
* Lead on developing a strong network of partnership and fundraising colleagues across the Save the Children Movement in support of the movement wide work lead by the Climate Crisis Taskforce’s Fundraising group.
* Develop an approach to describing Save the Children’s Breakthroughs (Learn, survive and be protected) from a Climate Crisis and environmental perspective and support colleagues to use and adapt this language in their respective markets.
* Support Save the Children Members to understand the trends and opportunities to assess climate change and environmental funding in their markets.
* Build up a repository of reusable assets for business development and fundraising teams to use to develop new relationships.
Through this role Save the Children aim to support a step-up in community-based climate change programming, principally in adaptation. By doing this we aim to make children safer and more able to adapt to the impacts of climate change in their communities as a cornerstone of their ability to fulfil their rights.
- Relevant tertiary qualification/s or equivalent experience
Experience And Skills
- 7+ years successful experience in managing and/or developing new business with either institutional and multilateral donors, corporate clients, major donors, foundations and/or trusts.
- Understanding of climate change in the context of developing countries. Experience in fundraising and/or new business development related to climate finance is an advantage.
- Understanding of international climate finance.
- Experience in leading the development of strategies for effective philanthropy programmes in complex international organisations with multiple stakeholders
- Experience representing an international team and organisation to senior staff at national/international levels to influence their fundraising programmes and priorities.
- Experience influencing major giving and corporate fundraising activities with a demonstrable record of success. Experience in doing this in multiple markets is an advantage.
- Demonstrable understanding or experience of working within a team with knowledge management and skill sharing responsibilities equivalent in scale and focus to this role in multiple countries including more mature as well as start-ups in emerging markets
- Capacity to build and maintain excellent relations and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity
- Experience of working in a support role to a diverse range of fundraising markets
- An assertive and persuasive negotiator
- A self-starter using initiative to see opportunities to achieve objectives in this role
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Strong IT skills particularly in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Fluent in English with excellent writing and speaking mandatory, additional language skills would be an asset
- Experience of child-centred approaches to climate change.
- Knowledge and experience of Agile project management work practices and approaches
- Knowledge of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change.
- Experience in working with a rights-based approach
- Working knowledge of French
- A willingness to travel up to approximately 50% of work time as and when required (COVID-19 permitting).
- A willingness and ability to work outside of standard workhours to accommodate working across time zones.
- Any offer of employment at Save the Children will be subject to a satisfactory National Police Record Check and Working with Children Check, where applicable.
- Employees must sign onto Save the Children Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.
- Out of hours work will be required in this position.
Contract length : 02 years
Work location: Home-based in a major city with an international airport hub
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.