IPPFAR recruits 01 Content Specialist
The postholder will create content strategies, research trending topics, and write content. S/he will work closely with other team members (and consultants writers, designers) to enrich online and digital media.
The incumbent will be an experienced, innovative and polished writer who will drive the content strategy and create compelling content that elevates the IPPFAR brand and maintain a consistent voice. S/he will develop a deep understanding of IPPFAR’s programmes and its clientele base (the MAs and outside world) in order to produce engaging and relevant content that improves MAs engagement, builds awareness, and ultimately drives results.
As part of External Relations & Communications team, the position holder will write a wide range of content including digital and print, social media posts, blog articles, thought leadership pieces and case studies.
2. KEY TASKS
Writing and Content Management
• Writes and manage content for advert campaigns, email campaigns, editorial site content, social media, the website, direct mail pieces, and advocacy collateral;
• Build and execute a content strategy (with a detailed calendar) of engaging and relevant content for IPPFAR audience and other prospects;
• Develops a new branding strategy to create an approachable brand;
• Engages with the public through various social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn (and other media means);
• Maintains website development (through regular updates), e-marketing with the ultimate aim of building a stronger brand presence.
• Develops stories for blogs using the work of the regional office and Member Associations
• Uses blogs and other stories to increase media attention to the organisation, to increase advocacy and public information about IPPFARO work and ensure IPPFARO and member associations visibility and credibility in Africa;
• Ensures that content works lead to media and donor attention and supports regional office and member associations service delivery, CSE, advocacy and communications as well as relevance in their communities;
• Champions the brand voice across the organization to drive brand consistency and evolution;
• Raises awareness of the work of the organisation in a focussed and well researched manner and using good quality stories and materials to impact on organisation’s reputation;
• Develops videos, audio and written stories and advertise them on social media;
• Develops digital campaigning messages and materials and rolls them out externally and in collaboration with member associations;
• Contributes to creating online banners and PPC advertisements.
• Tracks and evaluates the performance of ARO social media platforms.
• Learns from other departmental teams and other partners continuously to improve the quality and consistency of written and verbal communication.
• Embrace safeguarding and other internal policies
• Any other tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Experience / Training
• Postgraduate degree in Digital Communications, Public Relations, ITC, Publications or relevant fields related to the position
3. WORK EXPERIENCE
• At least 5 years’ experience in content, publications, strategic communication, marketing, media and public relations;
• Strong writing skills in both English and French;
• Excellent mastering of production of videos, images, promotional materials and stories for campaigning;
• Very good technical knowledge of media contexts, communication software, MS Office; photo and video-editing software is an asset – including a wide range of multimedia, social media, web and digital tools;
• Demonstrated professional experience in social media and digital campaigning and a working knowledge of Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn;
• Experience in web design/development and content production is an advantage;
• Editing and copywriting content and blog posting experience is required.
English and French are the working languages of the ARO. For this post fluency in English and French (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of Portuguese is an advantage.
How to apply
For more details on the job description and on how to apply please visit https://www.ippfar.org/jobs
IPPF offers a wide range of benefits and is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications are particularly encouraged from women, people living with disabilities, people living with HIV and minorities.