Jumia irecruits 01 Head of Accounting (Full Time)
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation
About the Job
- Supervise the accounts unit and verify compliance with Jumia policies and procedures andaccounting international standards.
- Set guidelines for recognizing financial transactions to ensure timely reporting.
- Validate all financial data in Jumia financial software to ensure accuracy.
- Establish proper filing system for financial documents to ensure compliance with Jumia policies and procedures.
- Ensure the safe custody of checkbooks and receipt vouchers in compliance with Jumia financial policies and procedures.
- Oversee and monitor the credit team to ensure targeted average collection period (ACP)
- Motivate and develop staff ensuring that objectives are established and communicated,monitored, and reviewed, to ensure proper reporting.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting.
- English Proficiency
- MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point & Outlook)
- Minimum 4 years’ Experience in Accounting.
- Organization & Planning
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Abilities
- Time Management
- Attention to details
A unique experience in an international, entrepreneurial, yet structured enviroment.
An unparalleled personal and professional improvement as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation ofleaders for our future internet ventures
The opportunity to be part of a team full of talented people with the best backgrounds.
Closing date : 23 August 2020
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter africainternetgroup.peoplehr.net .