|Jumia recruits 01 Legal Counsel – bilingual|
Description de l’offre
Legal Counsel – bilingual, – Senegal
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa.
It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay.
The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact.
Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners.
JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live.
E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talentedleaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backedby very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainableimpact in Africa.
Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and boomingenvironment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a newgeneration.
The Legal Counsel, Senegal, will report to the Associate General Counsel and work directly with the Jumia management team in Senegal.
The Legal Counsel will be the primary legal adviser for the Jumia business in Senegal.
They will be required to partner the business in achieving its goals by ensuring that legal and commercials risks are identified and managed effectively through robust contracting and legal risk management, and by delivering clear and practical strategies and solutions.
Responsibilities will include:
• Negotiating, drafting and reviewing contracts across all areas of the business (including commercial, technology and payments agreements) to protect the commercial and legal interests of the business and maximise value.
• Advising on and legal managing risk in relation to consumer protection and payments regulations, including assessing the relevant regulatory requirements and managing relationships with external bodies.
• Managing corporate governance and company secretarial work in respect of Jumia legal entity in Senegal.
• Implementing procedures to manage claims and disputes, including pre-action case management, mediation, arbitration and litigation.
• Building and managing relationships with our external law firms.
• Engaging in other aspects of the legal function and other special projects as topics arise.
Required Qualifications and Skills :
• Qualified lawyer with a MINIMUM of 6 years of post-qualification legal experience, gained at a leading law firm and inhouse at a leading multinational FMCG, fintech or telco.
• Commercial contracts experience in a payments/financial services environment.
• Knowledge of the regulatory environment as it impacts payments, digital services and e-commerce.
• Experience working in a fast-growing and agile inhouse environment.
• Excellent legal drafting skills.
• Bilingual – fluency in English and French is essential.
• Strong communication skills and ability to communicate knowledge of the law in a manner that is understood and respected by employees.
• Commercial application of legal knowledge.
• Strong planning, organizational and management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
• A good troubleshooter/problem solver who works well under pressure.
• Drive to succeed in a challenging and changing environment.
• Ability to perform with a high level of discretion, professionalism and integrity.
Our Offer :
A unique experience in an entrepreneurial but structured environment
The opportunity to be part of a highly professional and dynamic team working internationally.
Unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer term goal is to develop the next generation of leaders for our future internet businesses.
COMMENT POSTULER ?
Apply online :