PUR Projet recruits 01 Agroforestry regional manager West Africa
PUR Projet is a global leader in supply chain sustainability. We develop socio-environmental projects within the supply chains of our Corporate Partners. Through the economic and social empowerment of local communities and the introduction of sustainable development initiatives at the agricultural level, PUR Projet seeks to address climate change, while regenerating and preserving the ecosystems upon which these supply chains depend.
PUR Projet is seeking an ambitious, creative and engaging, impact driven individual for the role of Regional Manager
As a key member of the Projects team, you will work with our teams and local partners across Africa, in the development of several positive impact projects in agricultural, marine, animal and mineral supply chains.
Candidates must be willing to commit to a long-term position in Africa. You will be accountable for the implementation of all African projects and regional administration (including financial reporting and compliance), with dedicated budgets, managing a field teams (project managers, agronomists, administration officers and technicians) who are responsible for designing and implementing impact projects in partnership with local partners (cooperatives, farmers…).
Reporting to the Global Head of Projects, your role will include implementing PUR Projet’s strategy, with a strong focus on the devolution of responsibilities to newly created country entities (in Côte d’Ivoire and Ghana). You will oversee the implementation of our project activities in collaboration with our field teams and local partners, closely monitor budgets and plan resources accordingly, coordinate the implementation of our monitoring & evaluation studies with our Programs and Central Operations teams, support long-term CO2 certification and the development of marketing & communication materials. At all times, you will ensure a sound management of the regional costs and prepare future investments, ensuring financial profitability based on guidelines set at HQ level.
You will represent PUR Projet with public and private counterparts, build and manage a local network of partners and suppliers, manage, lead and inspire our in-country teams (Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Kenya, Ethiopia, Morocco, Uganda) and continuously strive to improve our impact through creative ideas, tools and procedures. You are passionate about African dynamics and want to deepen your knowledge of ecosystem restoration on the continent.
Experience / Training
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Successful 5-6 year experience in the management of development and/or environmental projects
- Graduated with a Masters level in environmental/development economics/management topics
- You have at least one year of experience working in an African country, ideally in one of the countries of operation mentioned in the description above
- You have strong project development and management skills; you are organized and detail-oriented; your mastery of Microsoft Office is perfect
- You are familiar with climate change, international supply chains, carbon accounting and payment for ecosystem services topics
- You have strong interpersonal skills, you are a team worker and are ready to find innovative solutions should an unplanned situation arise; you take strong responsibility for your work
- You are fluent in English and French; knowledge of one of Africa’s main languages (Swahili, Arabic, Amharic) will be a strong asset
Regional Manager, Africa
Based in West Africa
How to apply
You are meeting the requirements and you want to join a dynamic, fast growing organisation, please send your CV +
short cover letter in English (before December 5th) to: [email protected] with the subject Regional
Manager Africa to request a telephone interview. The final two stages of the recruitment process will be a case study and
a team interview.
Please be prepared to have two references available upon request.