ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an exciting opportunity to join the West & Central Africa Regional Office with dynamic team based in Dakar, working together for human rights change.
Amnesty International West & Central Africa Regional Office is looking for a Sections Supporter Engagement Officer to coordinate activities and communication outputs and design journeys to grow, engage, develop and mobilize Amnesty’s international (AI) supporters and members in West and Central Africa.
The role reports to the Regional Digital Campaigner and will coordinate and produce content, monitor and record the effectiveness of our engagement strategies.
The Supporter Engagement Officer will contribute to sustainable supporter and members growth that strengthens our people driven campaign impact in the region.
You have a proven experience of digital marketing and of designing journeys to engage and mobilize audiences on a wide range of campaigns. You can write and produce compelling content in French and English that inspires, empowers, and mobilize audiences to get involved in campaigns and activities.
You have experience in setting up email campaigns but also monitoring engagement, analysing data, producing reports and developing clear data-driven segmentation strategies.
A good knowledge of the West & Central Africa sub-region in which the post operates and the ability to work effectively within a varied and changing set of focus issues and countries will be required.
- To help grow and develop new online audiences and increase the engagement of existing Amnesty members and supporters in the region.
- To set up email campaigns; monitoring engagement, analysing data and producing reports; and developing clear segmentation strategies.
- To write and produce compelling human rights content in French and English that mobilize our audiences to get involved in our campaigns and activities; primarily for HTML emails, WhatsApp broadcasts and SMS, but also for other content types (e.g. digital adverts, videos, animations, blogs, etc)
- To set up WhatsApp and SMS campaigns, by templating broadcast messages; creating/maintaining broadcast lists; monitoring engagement, analysing data and producing reports; and developing clear segmentation strategies
- To project manage or support delivery of innovative online activities, designed to develop supporters’ skills (e.g. online learning, micro-tasking, etc)
- To lead on pilot projects on innovative ways to deliver behaviour change communications in the region working with powerful tools (e.g. chatbots, turn.io, WhatsApp business solution providers, etc.)
- To share best practices and help build capacity among colleagues in terms of supporter onboarding, development and retention; engagement strategy development; journey mapping; email content creation, development and production; email engagement analytics.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Significant proven experience of digital marketing with expertise in email marketing and B-to-C mobile (WhatsApp and SMS) marketing.
- Excellent experience in digital content creation, including copywriting in French and English, as well as html email design notions.
- Experience in mass mailing and CRM tools required, preferably with Engaging Networks and/or Salesforce, ActionKit, NationBuilder.
- Demonstrated expertise in audience segmentation, split testing, and response analysis and optimisation for email.
- Comfortable analysing and reporting on digital marketing KPIs, including conversion and cost metrics.
- Strong writing skills (in both French and English) and excellent communication – particularly with colleagues and in areas that may need negotiation or diplomacy, and experience of collaborative working.
- Experience in preparation of operational and project budgets
- Language: Fluent in written and spoken French and English. Working knowledge of other languages including Spanish or relevant local languages is a plus.
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 10 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We reach almost every country in the world.
Our aim is simple: an end to human rights abuses. Independent, international and influential, we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they’re denied. And whether we’re applying pressure through powerful research or direct lobbying, mass demonstrations or online campaigning, we’re all inspired by hope for a better world. One where human rights are respected and protected by everyone, everywhere.
At Amnesty International, we are passionate about what we do and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they do, we reward them through a combination of an attractive and sector competitive salary and benefits package, high levels of engagement and involvement, and a commitment to employee development.
WHAT WE HOPE YOU WILL DO NEXT
If you are talented, passionate about human rights and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to change the world then we would encourage you to click ‘Apply for this Role’ below.
Freedom, Justice, Equality. Let’s get to work.
*N .B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.***