|UNDP recruits 01 Youth Engagement and Events Officer|
Description de l’offre
Youth Engagement and Events Officer
Host entity :
Expected Starting Date:
12 months with possiblity of extension
21 June 2021
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
The Youth Engagement and Events Officer will work with the Project Manager and support all the activities of the UNDP Sahel Youth Project. The incumbent is expected to perform the following duties:
Supporting Programme Coordination
• Conduct background research on policies, strategies and priorities related to social entrepreneurship, innovation, youth development, greening and climate resilience in the region.
• Draft background notes, briefing materials and speeches, as required.
• Manage the data and information on the programme, track the key data points and deliverables.
• Create the drafts of regular reporting to both the management at Dakar Regional Hub as well as to the partners.
• Collect information and build a network of youth empowerment focal points from youth organizations, governments, UN agencies, private sector, regional bodies, etc.
• Support the organization of project events, missions, retreats and other activities at regional and national levels.
• Manage and maintain the database of potential partners for planned events and follow-up support
• Support in delivering the partnership strategy.
• Identify local partner(s) in the field of social entrepreneurship, social innovation and youth development.
• Manage all logistics related to the various partners – potential and existing.
• Manage any volunteers and vendors for the purpose of marketing, design, comms, etc.
• Prepare fundraising collateral and communication materials.
• Support with event operations including invitations, registrations, speaker preparations, venue/platform management, feedback and more.
• Provide and coordinate project-related administrative and on-site logistics support.
• Act as a focal point for speakers, participants and partners.
• Prepare draft outreach/communication materials (PPTs, brochures).
• Drafting of reports on held events – ensuring effective events documentation.
Research and thought leadership
• Conduct periodic secondary and primary research to understand the evolution of the youth social empowerment ecosystem.
• Identify and articulate patterns and trends, nationally and regionally.
• Support in building the thought leadership positioning for UNDP’s Youth Offer in the Sahel and West and Central Africa in general.
• Support in creating long-form research pieces and content based on the know-how collected.
Supporting other marketing and communications efforts
• Support with ideation as well as execution of the social media and content strategy.
• Offer extended support to the UNDP Dakar Hub for any specific tasks on research writing and communications.
• Create draft reports of the marketing and communication to share internally and externally with stakeholders.
Required degree level
Master degree or equivalent
Educational additional comments
Master´s Degree in Project Management, Development Studies, Public Policy, Public Administration, Data Management, Communications, Event Management and related areas
• At least 3 years of progressively advancing experience in youth/community mobilization, events management, communications and social media, youth engagement, project management and related work in international and/or national NGOs, public and private organizations in development and/or humanitarian contexts.
• Experience in same areas with UNDP in similar capacity is an asset.
• Advanced computer skills: MS Office applications including ability to create excel databases and produce graphs, Presentation and Graphic Design, Digital Media, Web-based management information systems, email/internet.
• Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills.
• Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development.
• Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel.
• Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision and with tight deadlines.
• Have affinity with or interest in youth empowerment, digital transformation, gender equality and women empowerment (GEWE), volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
• French(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
• English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise
Public information and reporting, Resource mobilization, partnership and donor coordination, Other development programme/project experience
Area of expertise details
a. Communication, mass media and art,
b. Public information and reporting/Events Management,
c. Resource mobilization, partnership and donor coordination)
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Leadership, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams
COMMENT POSTULER ?
Apply online :