|Wave Mobile Money recruits 01 People Ops Manager|
Description de l’offre
People Ops Manager
Nom de l’entreprise : Wave Mobile Money
Lieu de l’entreprise : Dakar, Sénégal
We’re making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That’s for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We’re solving this problem by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In August 2019, we expanded to Cote d’Ivoire. Now, we’re enabling millions of payments a month and expanding across the continent. And that’s where you come in…
How you’ll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a People Operations Manager who’s resourceful and excited about getting things done. You’ll be responsible for managing the efficient functioning of our Dakar office through a range of administrative, financial and managerial tasks, as we rapidly scale our business in Senegal.
In this role, you’ll:
• Enhance the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
• Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
• Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
• Maintain and report on workplace health and safety compliance.
• Coordinate the team in charge of Onboarding new staff and be the ambassador for Wave culture
• Sync often with the team managing all staff record maintenance including salary and benefits such as insurance, staff transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations
• Lead a team composed of office manager and HR Assistants
• Provide counsel and assistance to all management personnel in regards to associate problems dealing with supervision and administration
• Coordinate the team in charge of administrative duties and logistics in the office, and ensure the quality of working and living conditions are in good standards while ensuring smooth operations of the office on a day to day basis.
• Deal with correspondence, complaints, and queries
• Supervise, mentor, train, coach employees and delegate assignments to ensure maximum productivity.
• Create presentations and other management-level reports.
• Location: Dakar
• You must have work authorization in Senegal
• This is a permanent position.
• Bachelor’s degree or professional training in business administration, HR or any other related field
• Knowledge of HRIS systems and should be open to learning how to use our HR systems at Wave
• Experience using google suite (doc, sheets) or Microsoft office
• At least 3 years experience in a similar role, ideally at an international company/ significant Labor/Employee relations experience in a unionized setting.
• Strong organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
Preferable aptitudes and qualities
• Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get things done
• Service and detail-oriented, personable, and strong problem-solving skills
• Possess strong collaboration, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
• Have managed successful teams to achieve ambitious goals
• Comfortable with defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination
• Ability to adjust to changing priorities, tight deadlines, and complexities
• Analytical in your approach to problems
• Have developed processes with minimal guidance and have implemented them
• Are solution-driven, detail-oriented with strong task follow-through
• Flexible to work irregular hours
• We are a continuously growing team of Senegalese, Ivorian, Ugandan and Remote team members, who are deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
• We foster autonomy for our employees. You’ll learn to own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
• We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
If interested, please apply by submitting a resume and a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role here. Please also respond to the questions below. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. Wave is a place where everyone can thrive. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to wake up everyday.
• Services financiers
• Développement commercial
COMMENT POSTULER ?
Apply online to this job: