|World Vision International recrute 01 Communication Officer|
Description de l’offre
Description de l’offre
Rôle international – No – Seuls les candidats nationaux seront considérées.
WORLD VISION INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN NGO CENTERED ON CHILDREN
RECRUITING INTERNALLY AND EXTERNALLY
POSITION: Communication Officer: Grade Level 13
Type of Contract: Fixed-term full time contract (1 year), Open – ended full time contract after 2 years if you got a good performance
Work Context & Background:
World Vision (WV) is a Christian relief and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. WV serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WV Senegal has an annual operating budget of more than USD 18,7 M (FY20). WV Senegal employs roughly 250 staff.
In FY21, WV Senegal has 22 long-term Area Programs (APs) and at least 117 Projects to address the macro and micro causes of poverty while strengthening community participation, ownership and sustainability. Each Support Office (funding APs) and donors (funding Special Projects) has their own resource requirements for stories of children and communities which are to be used for marketing, fundraising and advocacy purposes. The Communications Officer will support the Communications team in tending to these requests and re-purposing content for appropriate targeted audience.
WV Senegal also has a variety of external communication channels including website, social media, and press engagement to publicize its contribution to Senegalese children’s well-being and thus strengthen WV Senegal’s image and credibility to Senegalese audiences. The Communications Officer is expected to develop contents in a variety of formats (written, visual, audio-visual) as per the Communication Manager’s assignments.
WV Senegal’s Communications team is highly regarded by Regional Communications for its heavy integration into core functions within the organization, co-leading on most initiatives of Child Protection, Advocacy, Grant Acquisition & Management (GAM), Sponsorship, and Operations. The Communications Officer will have the opportunity to learn about these functions in order to make strategic and meaningful contributions to the joint initiatives.
When needed, the Communications Officer provides support to other Communications team members in emergency communication; communication training for children, communities and non-communications staff; internal communications; and donor visits as per the Communication Manager’s assignments.
Purpose of the position:
• To raise internal and external awareness of World Vision’s work in Senegal by supporting the Communication Manager in these core functions:
• Creative Content: Assist Communication Manager in developing and, if necessary, design materials that showcase WV Senegal’s intervention, achievements and impact, including Annual Review, Program Profiles, Policy Briefs, Fact Sheets along with other written, visual, and audio-visual resources that accommodate the work of GAM, Advocacy, Sponsorship and Operations. Provide feedback and input on visual aspects for materials produced by other non-communications teams.
• Write fact- and evidence-based human interest and child-focused stories from WV Senegal’s working areas to share with Support Offices, donors, media partners, and relevant internal and external audiences. Uphold Safeguarding Policy when carrying out communications-related tasks, and advocate for consistent compliance by other functions and teams.
• Public Engagement: Provide assistance in the implementation of Communications team’s own and joint initiatives to increase the engagement of targeted audiences. This includes, but is not limited to, following up with concerned functions and teams to keep up with the initiatives’ timelines.
• Support Communications team in maintaining the operation of WV Senegal’s owned channels (website and social media pages).
• Corporate Communication: Provide assistance in the development of Internal Communication products, including consolidation of information from program teams, writing scripts, and other tasks as assigned by the Communication Manager.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
Creative Content (50%)
• Informative and decent-looking communication products are developed and fed into WV Senegal’s engagement with Support Offices, donors, media partners, and other internal and external audiences.
• Compelling and inspiring human interest and child-focused stories are written as testimonies of WV Senegal’s work and impact in country.
Public Engagement (20%)
• Communication resources are produced and delivered, contributing to national public engagement initiatives and/or global movements.
• WV Senegal’s owned channels is kept up-to-date with the organization’s updates, highlights and impact evidence.
Corporate Communication (15%)
• Internal communication is innovative, concise, equally representing WV Senegal’s working areas and delivered regularly.
HEA Communication (10%)
• Communication assets are curated for usage at National Office and sharing with concerned Support Office.
• HEA-related content is created to support efforts in documentation, resource acquisition and reporting.
• As assigned by the Communications Manager
• Bachelor’s degree in communication, public relations, journalism, infographics or equivalent
Knowledge & Skills
• Fluent in oral communication and written skills in French and English
• Working independently and as an active team player
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively with a wide range of internal and external contacts.
• Familiarity with or knowledge about development in rural context
• At least three years of experience in communications or media-related field
• Experience working in development context, a fast-paced, multi-cultural working environment
• Work with various stakeholders: Support Offices; foreign visitors; staff of APs, Special Projects and other functions; community people and children.
Process of hiring
Phase 1: Written tests
Phase 2: Individual interview with a panel.
Note : Les candidatures féminines sont vivement encourages.
Deadline for application: 23 June 2021
COMMENT POSTULER ?
To apply, you need to send a letter of motivation addressed to the National Director of World Vision Senegal, accompanied by a CV, as following: