Title: Global People Operations Manager
Location: Remote, GMT or EST time zone. Preference is Dakar, Senegal
Report to: Chief People Officer
Language Requirement: English Required, French Fluency a plus
myAgro helps farmers move out of poverty: we do this with a simple approach. We help farmers manage their cash flow better – at harvest time when farmers have more cash, they can lock away their funds for seeds and fertilizer for the next season. They pay using their mobile phone (or mobile money in Tanzania) and myAgro delivers the inputs they’ve paid for before it rains and provides technical training so farmers know how to use the inputs efficiently. This leads to 50% more food and 50% more income per farm. To date myAgro serves 89,000 farmers and will scale to 1 million farmers by 2025. The award-winning team has received recognition from Skoll Foundation, Echoing Green, World Bank, Bill Gates and more.
About the Role
The Global People Operations Manager is an integral part of myAgro’s senior team, ensuring that we support our team in their efforts to reach our North Star of serving 1 million farmers by 2025.
- You are Numbers & Detailed-Focused. You can oversee a process but understand the details matter, creating reporting checks and feedback loops to ensure accuracy of important information like payroll to make sure the details are correct. You are comfortable with data sets, databases and reporting performance indicators.
- You are an Effective Collaborator . You know how to coordinate and communicate effectively across different countries and departments (sales, finance, HR, etc) and even external stakeholders. You have a knack for getting alignment on work plans and calendars, while building in flexibility for the unknowns.
- You are a Process Thinker and Doer . You are used to designing and using standard operating procedures and can create processes to improve the timeliness of our HR administrative work. You can roll up your sleeves to do the work and make incremental improvements to processes to support growth while consistently meeting deadlines.
- You are a People-Person ! You like supporting and coaching the Country Directors, HR team members and understand that our people are our greatest asset.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate and oversee all HR Admin Functions in countries, including employee contracts, new hire guides, orientation, payroll, raises/promotions and off-boarding. Lead this work directly for a small global team.
- Create regular reports and presentations on HR metrics
- Support recruitment for key global roles
- Coordinate/oversee travel accommodations and process expense forms for the global team
- Liaise with external partners, like insurance vendors, and ensure legal compliance
- Maintain and update HR policies for all countries, coordinating with in-country HR teams to ensure teams are trained and managers consistently implement policies
- Strategic projects such as:
- Manage the transition to a new HR and payroll system for easier cross-country, global management
- Lead the schedule and oversee the implementation of annual performance reviews working in close coordination with the Chief People Officer and Country Directors
Is this the Role for You?
You are RIGHT for this role if…
- You have worked in a large organization with a significant HR or management responsibilities (although note we strongly prefer people who are “doers” and not necessarily from a formal HR background)
- You have designed, developed, and/or implemented standard operated processes for growing teams
- You regularly use excel, databases and are very comfortable with numbers and getting the details right
You are NOT qualified for this job if…
- You do not have more than 5 years of experience in a related role
- You are not fluent in English
- You have no experience working in nonprofits
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.