Emergency Rehabilitation Manager – Emergency pool
Pays : France
Ville : Worldwide & Lyon when not in the Field
Date de prise du poste : 15/09/2020
Durée de la mission : 18 months
Date de clôture des candidatures : 31/08/2020
Référence de l’annonce : -APG-08-20-5902
CONTEXTE DE TRAVAIL :
With the objective of ensuring an efficient response to emergencies and humanitarian crises, HI has put in place an Emergency Response team
The emergency pool is composed of 5 emergency specialists (Area Manager, Logistics manager, Finance and HR manager, MHPSS manager, Physical Rehabilitation Manager and Livelihood Manager) under the hierarchical management of the area manager/pool manager.
The emergency pool sits in the emergency division under the management of an emergency response manager based in headquarter.
The emergency division is composed of a team of 16 persons: one team in charge of the monitoring, alert and emergency preparedness and one team in charge of the emergency responses at HQ and field level.
In order to ensure a relevant, timely and efficient response to acute crisis, the Emergency division of HI has the role to ensure the monitoring, preparedness and response to man-made and natural disaster.
The emergency division may lead some emergency response or support the geographic division to respond to new disaster depending on the intensity of the crisis and the capacity of the program in place.
The emergency pool is composed of a team of emergency experts, ready to deploy within 72 hours. Their role is:
• To conduct diagnosis and launch new emergency operations in the field
• To support pre-established programs and teams to respond to new disaster in the field
• To contribute to lessons learned exercises, technical methodology and guidance, tool kits in coordination of the Emergency Division team members, Shared services divisions and technical divisions at HQ level.
DESCRIPTION DE POSTE :
Under the responsibility of the area manager/emergency pool manager and in close coordination with the HQ Physical and functional rehabilitation Specialists, the emergency Physical and functional rehabilitation manager will be in charge of:
• Participating to initial diagnosis of the emergency response operations following a humanitarian crisis;
• Leading and coordinating Physical and functional rehabilitation operations deployment in the framework of new program or area/project opening following a disaster, in accordance with Humanity & Inclusion´s rules and standards and those of its donors;
• Representing and promoting Humanity & Inclusion´s mandate in the framework of the emergency responses in your field of expertise;
• Contributing to the institutional capitalization and participate in the development and update of Humanity & Inclusion´s emergency methodologies, procedures, tools and trainings.
PROFIL ATTENDU :
• You hold a Diploma in Physical and functional rehabilitation (physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist)
• You have a strong professional experience (at least 3 years) in emergency response
• You have an experience of at least 2 years in a Manager/Coordination position within the domain of physical and functional rehabilitation ; and complementary experience in the MHPSS and inclusion sectors
• You have a strong proven experience in team management and representation
• You have a good knowledge of emergency donors regulations and process
• You have a high capacity for analysis and synthesis, and you are able to adapt quickly in an emergency context
• You have ability to train and build capacity, as well as to conceptualize and formalize tools, methods and procedures
• You are able to provide a large workload under constant pressure, and a great capacity for organization and autonomy
• You are able to live in community and accept the constraints
• You have a great ability to manage your own stress and that of employees
• You have excellent command of French and English (oral and written), and you speak ideally Spanish
LANGUE(S) DE TRAVAIL :
SPECIFICITES/PARTICULARITES DU POSTE :
This is a highly mobile position.
• Starting date: 15/09/2020
• Starting position in Lyon (2/3 months) then possibility of telework in Schengen area
• 18 months contract
• Salary from 2800 € gross/month depending on the experience of the candidate
• Additional benefits: luncheon vouchers and health insurance
• Working hours: 39 hours/week
• Paid holidays; 25 days/year plus 22.5 days of additional holidays (RTT)
• Specific conditions for the Emergency Pool:
• Flexibility/availability allowance (620€ gross/month)
• Perdiem in proportion to the time spent in the field
• Hardship allowance in proportion to the time spent in the field
• Collective housing in charge of HI when in the field
• Medical evaluation insurance International SOS
• Recuperation pack: between 2 to 5 days, depending on the length of the mission