|myAgro recruits 01 Global Communications Manager|
|Localisation||Dakar / Sénégal|
|Expiration||04 Avril 2021|
Description de l’offre
Global Communications Manager
Dakar, Senegal | Development | Full-time
Global Communications Manager
Location: Dakar, Senegal or East Coast US
Report to: CEO
Language Requirement: English fluency and French is a plus
Start Date: Immediately
myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. We have pioneered a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to help 1 million farmers increase their incomes by $1.50 per day by 2025 and lift themselves out of poverty. Learn more from myAgro’s founder and CEO?here.
About the Communications Manager Role
myAgro is seeking a dynamic, engaging and skilled Communications Manager who will play a critical role in leveraging and cultivating relationships with local, regional, and international news outlets to develop press and positive publicity for myAgro’s work in Senegal, Mali, Tanzania and worldwide. The Communications Manager will support messaging and collateral development for internal use across 500+ team members and 2000+ Village Entrepreneurs, government stakeholders, and partners.
This individual must be comfortable, competent, and diplomatic in their approach to our key audiences, both internally and externally. S/he should be strategic and creative, understanding how this role fits into a broader strategy of reaching our north star goal of impacting 1 million farmers by 2025 and relates to our core issue areas as a digital finance pioneer to increase food security and reduce poverty with a particular focus on gender.
A successful candidate will bring significant experience in communications, campaigns, partnerships, public affairs, digital content, and strategic planning, preferably with ample experience working with fast-growing companies and social change movements.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Reporting to the CEO, works collaboratively within the Development team and across myAgro and with external partners to cultivate, manage, foster, and oversee key partnerships, campaigns, and other strategic communications endeavors;
• Develops, implement and executes campaigns, relationships and partnership opportunities around strategic objectives, events, milestones, and moments to bring awareness, thought partners audience reach;
• Drafts and finesses messaging, collateral, social content, and strategies to equip leaders, team and partners with information calls to action and plans to be successful;
• Creates effective communications to support government partnership and our agricultural strategies and campaigns, including facilitating task forces, toolkit development and deployment, message amplification, and digital engagement;
• Supports and reviews key internal communications across a growing network 500+ team members and 2000+ village entrepreneurs to support alignment, change management and strategic messaging
Qualifications, Skills, and Requirements
• Degree in communications, journalism, public policy, international relations or related field with 5+ years of communications, journalism, international development or nonprofit experience.
• Proven ability and experience in communicating and developing relationships with media, donors, and other stakeholders on many levels and interacting with other key personnel and organizations.
• Dedicated commitment to work collaboratively within the organization and externally.
• Comfort and ability to work in a flexible, collaborative and global work environment where teamwork and transparency are critical to success.
• Excellent written and verbal skills, public speaking and presentation skills, discretion, and diplomacy.
• Desire to work on and familiarity with some of the most important issues of our work including food insecurity, poverty alleviation, cand gender equality.
• High energy, organization, maturity, leadership, and creativity with the ability to think outside of the usual strategic communications approach
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
COMMENT POSTULER ?
Apply online :