myAgro Dakar, Sénégal
À propos de l’offre d’emploi
Title: VP Operations
Location: Dakar, Senegal
myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa.
myAgro has pioneered a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and training and increase their harvest and income by 50-100%.
In the next few years, myAgro will scale to work with over 1M farmers in the region and we want the best talent in the world to help us get there.
Learn more from myAgro here.
About the VP Operations position
myAgro is going through a period of growth as we move into a phase of scaling operations.
To continue on this trajectory, we are searching for a highly qualified VP Operations to work closely with the COO.
From day one, the VPO will have an immediate impact on productivity, streamlining strategic initiatives, overseeing supply chain management, and coordinating processes between teams and departments across the three countries of operation.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a business/development role, with a background in scaling operations and interdepartmental collaboration.
In your role as VPO, you will be expected to gain a deep understanding of the vision for the business, and the near-term and long-term goals for the business to successfully execute this vision.
– You will assume direct responsibility and accountability for the effective support and oversight of Global Ops departments. This means leading the Managers and Directors who head Supply Chain, Payments, Data Quality, Business Analytics.
– You know how to structure and scale operations and teams effectively. You will lead the team that is focused on delivering seeds and fertilizers to every farmer on time and within budget; you will simultaneously be focused on building this team’s capabilities to deliver to 1M farmers by 2026.
– Leading a team to collect thousands of payments monthly, ensuring this happens increasingly on mobile money, as well as partnering with providers to harmonise payments and receipt.
– You will lead the field team accountable for ensuring that money collected from farmers in the villages, by our Village Entrepreneurs, is seamlessly submitted into our mobile money accounts.
– The Business Analytics team will work with you to drive continuous improvement across the organization and identify new opportunities for scale and effectiveness.
– You have a keen analytical mind, and work to ensure each of our systems, teams and approaches are operating efficiently, cost effectively, and can scale seamlessly.
– You facilitate a culture of continuous improvement by identifying and executing on opportunities for process enhancement, collaborating with cross-functional teams such as commercial, customer success, finance, and the people team.
– You will oversee a portfolio of strategic projects that help accelerate growth or unlock bottlenecks.
– Deliver measurable results to assess impact and operational success.
– 10+ years’ management operations and 5 years in director level positions in a global company. You know what excellence looks like in logistics and supply chain management, operations, facilities, and knowledge management.
– You are comfortable with ambiguity.You know how to establish clarity and structure for yourself and your team.
– Extensive experience managing large and cross-disciplinary teams with a strong focus on process improvement.
– Strong analytical skills with a data-driven mindset.
Country management experience: You’ve led country or field operations for an NGO or for-profit company. You can coach country directors on challenges and solutions associated with start-up and country operations.
– You possess a deep understanding of global cross-functional end-to-end processes and a financial understanding on a global impact level.
– Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
– Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
– You are fluent in English and have a willingness to learn French.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics.
myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.