The United Nations Special Coordinator for Development in the Sahel (OSCS) hiring Partnership and Business Development Officer and Chief of Staff.
Within delegated authority, the Head of Office/Chief of Staff will:
- Lead the efforts towards the development of the pipeline of programmes to roll out the UN Support Plan for the Sahel, in close cooperation with the Director for programming and the SISM; and as well as the outreach strategy accordingly; develop the financing strategy
- Lead regional efforts to forge partnerships and mobilize resources for the pipeline of programmes under the UN Support Plan. This also includes developing strategies on new opportunities for innovative financing and partnerships;
- Lead the development, implementation and monitoring of innovative partnership, business opportunities, and resource mobilization strategies for the UNISS/UNSP investment offers, based on latest information on trends, opportunities and ensuring consultation as appropriate with Resident Coordinators and Regional Directors in the countries in the Sahel region;
- Provide the Special Coordinator with strategic advice on advocacy, high level partnership and business engagements with a view to mobilize and leverage resources, and trigger investment for the Sahel.
- Represent the Office of the Special Coordinator for Development in the Sahel with key partners and partnerships; Participate in international, regional or national meetings and provide substantive expertise on financing and partnership issues and organizational discussions with representatives of other institutions.
- Operationalize and lead the Sahel Investment Support Mechanism (SISM), in close cooperation with the Director for programming and under the guidance of the Special Coordinator, and in accordance with the partnership and financing strategies, including designing and managing the pipeline;
- Coordinate and contribute to the organization of high-level advocacy and pledging events on UNISS/UNSP;
- Ensure that the outputs produced by the Office of the Special Coordinator for Development in the Sahel maintain the highest-quality standards; that reports are clear, objective and based on comprehensive data. Ensures that all outputs produced under his/her supervision meet required standards;
- Direct and manage all the activities of the Office of the Coordinator, ensure the smooth functioning of the office by preparation of timely workplans, results- based budgets and through the regular monitoring of staff performance
- Manage, guide and support career development of staff under his/her supervision;
- Foster teamwork and communication among staff in the Office;
- Foster innovation, technological awareness and evidence-based decision-making in the decisions of the Office and among the team.
- Support the Special Coordinator with other duties as requested.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in development studies, international affairs, public policy, finance, law, social sciences or related area is required. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of progressively responsible professional experience in international affairs, sustainable development, , or in related areas, is required. project or programme management
- Experience in resources mobilization within the last five years is required.
- Experience in donor relations, building and managing strategic partnerships with governments, inter-governmental organizations and the business sector is required.
- Experience in managing strategic partnerships within the humanitarian, development, peacebuilding and other sectors is desirable.
- Experience with communications/publications and the effective use of social media is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat; for this position, and French is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable. fluency in English
- Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
Application deadline: 05 March 2021
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter careers.un.org .