Market Access Africa recruits 01 Associate, Global Health
About Market Access Africa
Market Access Africa (MAA) is an African-led healthcare consulting firm seeking to create pathbreaking solutions to catalyze access to health innovations in sub-Saharan Africa. We are a small team of seasoned global health and life sciences experts with deep strategic, commercial, and implementation experience, bound by a common vision and commitment to equitable and affordable access to health products and innovations. Our partners include commercial companies and non-profit agencies, including Ministries of Health and government actors.
Market Access Africa is expanding its presence in West and Central Africa, through the establishment of an office and a team in Dakar, Senegal. Our current portfolio of work in this region will focus on supporting projects looking to expand access to quality-assured healthcare products and technologies in the region. We are working with a range of partners to support exciting work at the forefront of Africa’s efforts to develop biomedical research and manufacture diagnostics, vaccines, and other critical health technologies.
What will you do?
- Structure and execute qualitative and quantitative research projects to support health sector clients seeking to develop and/or launch new health technologies in the African market
- Support research on capital raising through public and private funders, including innovative financing options
- Develop advanced quantitative models to support structuring and analysis of complex problems (e.g. sales and financial forecasts, investment analysis).
- Provide recommendations to clients in health care and commercial life sciences on market dynamics, corporate strategy, and financial models.
- Develop compelling presentations that concisely package key takeaways and recommendations, and are appropriately suited to a range of audiences
- Work closely with clients to support business process optimization in order to improve operations
- Manage project workplans and coordinate team members, ensuring high-quality deliverables are produced in a timely fashion
What are we looking for?
- Prior healthcare experience in Africa
- Professional fluency in both French and English (This is mandatory for the role)
- Bachelor’s degree; Advanced graduate degree (e.g., MBA, MSc, PhD, etc.)
- Minimum 6 years work experience, including 3 years in management consulting or similarly analytic role and culture
- Advanced consulting skillsets, including the ability to grasp new concepts quickly, research, quantitative analysis, presentation, and attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills, and experience structuring and drafting compelling funding proposals and investment pitches
- Exceptional problem-solving skills – an analytical, innovative, and creative mindset
- Proven experience driving an independent workstream in the context of a broader team project, and comfort with ambiguous, fast-changing situations and producing quality work under an intensive workload
- Ability to break down and solve problems through quantitative thinking and analysis
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, ability to meet deadlines and to manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently, ability to take initiative and be innovative.
- Advanced working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite, particularly and PowerPoint
Please email us at [email protected] with a CV and cover letter (merged as one document), with the email subject: Associate, Dakar.
Closing date : 25 February 2022.