Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
Social Impact is bidding on the USAID/Senegal Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning in Senegal (MELS) Activity. The purpose of this activity will be to create a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) platform to complement and augment USAID/Senegal’s bilateral performance management, and more effectively disseminate learning within the Mission and to a range of local stakeholders. This Platform will advance USAID/Senegal’s commitment to program effectiveness across all sectors and will support USAID/Senegal to make informed strategic and management decisions. The Platform will have a distinct focus on strengthening MEL capacity in the Government of Senegal (GoS), as well as subnational state institutions, local civil society organizations, community-based organizations, and implementing partners in the country.
Social Impact is seeking a Senior Learning and Capacity Building Specialist who will be responsible for leading all work under the learning and capacity building components of the USAID/Senegal MELS task order. The position would be full-time and based in Dakar for the five-year period of performance, contingent upon contract award. The anticipated award date is late September 2021.
Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Senegalese citizenship will be considered.
- Propose innovative MEL capacity building, CLA and knowledge management (KM) methods, applying state-of-the-art capacity building and organizational learning methods.
- Organize structured learning events for USAID and other stakeholders.
- Support the development and implementation of the activities related to training and capacity building in MEL.
- Develop and implement tools for conducting Capacity Assessments and take leadership in implementing Capacity Assessment Plans targeting USAID/Senegal staff and select using best practices.
- Facilitate learning agenda development and lead tasks to institutionalize cross-sectoral, cross-Mission collaboration, and internal and external learning activities and events.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field such as international development, project management, statistics, or economics.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of progressively more responsible experience in leading the monitoring, evaluation, and analysis of donor development projects.
- Demonstrated expertise in facilitation and training in both large, formal settings and strong interpersonal skills for coaching and mentoring in informal settings.
- Demonstrated experience in Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA).
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation, project design, and learning, including experience in applying learning to improve development programs and systems change for adaptive management of development organizations.
- Familiarity with required USAID MEL policies and procedures, USAID CLA guidance and tools.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication and presentations skills.
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written English and French.