: Product and Technology
Location: Preferably Dakar, Senegal, or can relocate, or willingness to travel regularly
Report to: Chief Technology Officer
Language : Fluent in English, and prefer strong French skills
myAgro helps farmers move out of poverty: we do this with a simple approach. We help farmers manage their cash flow better – at harvest time when farmers have more cash, they can lock away their funds for seeds and fertilizer for the next season. They pay using their mobile phone (or mobile money in Tanzania) and myAgro delivers the inputs they’ve paid for before it rains and provides technical training so farmers know how to use the inputs. This leads to 50% more food and 50% more income per farm. To date myAgro serves 115,000 farmers and will scale to 1 million farmers by 2026. The award-winning team has received recognition from Skoll Foundation, Echoing Green, World Bank, Bill Gates and more.
About the Role
You will help accelerate myAgro’s ability to scale, reach 100% sustainability and increase its impact. You will manage our product roadmap, and lead changes to products for our internal customers. You will also manage a small team of product managers, product associates, and designers that help achieve the goals of the role.
The current product suite includes farmer-facing tools, tools for village field workers, and office and cloud infrastructure that enables myAgro to work. You will understand users, build use cases, develop product strategy, determine product specifications, support engineering to build great products, launch products to customers, lead training, and monitor and follow-up for products.
- Work with other teams within myAgro to understand users, needs, and identify challenges and opportunities where technology can applied and have a great impact
- Identify gaps, issues, or opportunities to improve the existing myAgro products and guide through development and launch.
- Lead the product roadmap efforts to determine what the team should work on, and oversee the product management and product support processes.
- Support and train on user centered design techniques for gathering user stories, defining requirements, doing user research and managing staff workloads and workflows.
- Structure and directly manage the team to ensure successful product management and development.
- Mentor your direct reports and the broader organization to use product techniques for design, feedback, and training.
- Share regular written and verbal updates on progress of product work, the product roadmap, and any challenges to users and team members at myAgro.
Skills and Qualifications
- Curious to learn from the team and the users.
- Minimum 5 years work experience, especially in product development and product management in technology companies.
- Experience in user requirements gathering and product design and design thinking
- Previous job where you managed a product team
- Previous cross-cultural experience for a period of 6 months or more, or some experience working in ICT4D context would be great.
- Willingness to relocate to Senegal, or at least travel to remote locations to develop in-depth understanding of our work and our users (up to 30%)
- Health insurance
- Generous PTO policy
- Retirement plan contributions
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Flight benefit
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.