Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries.
This is an exciting time for Plan International as we implement our global strategy for 2017-2022. Our global strategy defines who we are, why we exist, the change we want to see in the world and how we will contribute to making change happen. It underpins everything we do, guiding all our work in all parts of the federation.
To achieve greater change in children’s lives we are dramatically transforming how we operate, and we need bold, forward-thinking and innovative individuals to steer our country operations, driving change and delivering results that will allow us to transform the lives of 100 million girls globally.
The Head of Programming and Influence is responsible for leading the development of Plan’s programs in Senegal, building capacity in program design, and supporting the achievement of national program goals that are aligned with priorities and the principles of Plan’s programs. He / she ensures that Plan International Senegal adheres to regional and global program standards and that Plan’s program remains innovative, but at the same time relevant to a changing local and global environment and our intention to be the leader opinion on girls’ and children’s rights, including youth empowerment in Senegal
Do you have what it takes?
As the Head of Influencing and Programming, under the supervision of the Director, Senegal and Mano River Cluster,you will be in charge of programming and influence and directly supervise the leaders of 6 areas (Communications and Advocacy, Partnership and Business Development; Knowledge Management and MERL Manager; Youth Sponsorship and Engagement; Gender Equality and Inclusion; Program Delivery):
- You will coordinate all programmatic aspects related to communication, advocacy, knowledge management, monitoring, evaluation, research and learning, partnership and business development, inclusion and gender equality, sponsorship and youth engagement
- You will facilitate the design of the sections of the country strategic plan related to the programs in order to guarantee the quality and relevance of the programming of the activities of the plan.
- You will develop program strategy, monitor program implementation and program systems and processes for compliance and management information
- You will document and disseminate Plan best practices within Plan and other organizations to promote quality and learning.
- You will facilitate the establishment and implementation of comprehensive management standards and other standards of accountability, effectiveness and efficiency in the achievement of the program of Plan to promote the rights of the child to end child poverty and girls’ rights.
- You will lead the implementation of child and youth protection and the integration of standards into the programmatic work of Plan International Senegal
For a detailed job description, please click on the below link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wgcotoszbclbnfr/JD%20-%20Head%20of%20Influencing%20and%20Programming%20-%20Senegal.docx?dl=0
Type of Role: 3 year Fixed Term contract
Reports to: Senegal and Mano River Country Director
Salary: Competitive salary and package available
Closing Date : 24th March 2021
Anticipated 1st round interviews: 30th and 31st March 2021
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy.
As an international child centred community development organisation, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realisation of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for. Our organisation is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organisational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.