HEKS/EPER recruits 01 Humanitarian Aid Delegate, Bangladesh, 100%
HEKS/EPER, Swiss Church Aid is the aid organisation of the Protestant Churches of Switzerland and supports projects to combat hunger, poverty and injustice in 31 countries on four continents. HEKS/EPER also provides emergency relief for victims of natural disasters and armed conflict worldwide and supports the welfare and social work of the Reformed Churches in Eastern Europe and in the Middle East. In Switzerland, HEKS/EPER champions the rights and the integration of refugees and socially disadvantaged People.
In Bangladesh HEKS/EPER implements Humanitarian Aid Projects in the Rohingya Response including interventions for the Host Community since 2017. The focus of these projects is on construction projects (including shelter, camp infrastructure, and WASH), a Wash in Health Facilities Capacity building project covering the whole district, as well as vegetable gardening in the camps. Projects are mostly directly implemented. The annual budget is around 5 million USD. Development cooperation in Bangladesh is managed by a separate team.
HEKS/EPER is looking for a strong international candidate (F/M) to fulfil this expatriate position of:
Humanitarian Aid Delegate, Bangladesh, 100%
- Lead the conceptualization and implementation of the humanitarian aid programme in Bangladesh (Rohingya response, possible expansion to other parts of the country) in line with HEKS/EPER’s strategy.
- Assume full responsibility for HEKS/EPER Interventions of the Humanitarian Aid Department in Bangladesh and report directly to the Desk Officer Humanitarian Aid at HQ.
- Ensure high quality project proposals and support institutional and capacity development.
- Assume final responsibility for the finances of the Humanitarian Aid Office and the projects according to internal guidelines, as well as assume the HR management of some 50 staff members in Cox’s Bazar and Ukhia according to our values.
- Ensure the growth of the HEKS/EPER programme through acquisition and develop and implement a national acquisition strategy based on the donor landscape.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of local security plans and the security management.
- Represent HEKS/EPER Humanitarian Aid in Cox’s Bazar and develop an extensive network and strong relationships with key national authorities and humanitarian actors as well as ensure our visibility.
- Ensure a good coordination with HEKS/EPER’s Development Cooperation Programme in Bangladesh, which is implemented by a separate Team.
Expériences / Formation
- You bring a relevant university degree at Master’s level with at least 5 years of work experience in a senior management position in an international NGO. Work experience in Bangladesh is considered as an asset.
- Strong experience in access-hindered environments, with experience in supporting emergency response programming, access negotiation and security management.
- Extensive experience in program development and in managing multi-sector programs by self-implementation, particularly in the sectors shelter, WASH and livelihoods.
- Track record of successful acquisition and grant management including working with major institutional donors (e.g. ECHO, UN, BPRM, OFDA) as well as in-depth knowledge of the key issues and trends in humanitarian aid.
- Talented team manager, you support a constructive atmosphere as a highly motivated, initiative, flexible, resilient, solution-oriented and sensitive to cultural values Leader.
- Proficient in English, you offer excellent analytical, conceptual and writing skills.
- HEKS/EPER searches for an expatriate candidate for this position
- An interesting and challenging position in a dynamic international context
- Duty station Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
- A competitive salary package
- A one-year contract renewable
- Starting date: immediately or upon agreement
Are you interested? We are looking forward to your complete application documents (CV, cover letter and certificates). Only online application will be considered , and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications will be July 16th, 2021 . Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. HEKS/EPER reserves the right to select a candidate prior to the deadline.
Mr Sebastian Zug, Desk Officer, is at your disposal for further information (per Skype: live:sebastian.zug). For further information about HEKS/EPER, please consult our website https://en.heks.ch .