You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
Are you a CVA enthusiast from Senegal or with right to work in Senegal?
Do you want to play a pivotal part in shifting power in humanitarian aid and transforming the system? Do you believe in the power of collective action? If so, come join us in this amazing position, where you will play a critical role in promoting evidence-based CVA practice and fostering collaboration across a dynamic network of CVA stakeholders at the regional and country levels.
The Deputy Regional Representative provides technical leadership of the planning and delivery of CaLP’s activities in the region and helps drive forward CaLP’s overall strategy in East and Southern Africa. The role requires highly collaborative ways of working with a myriad of actors, to build strategic relationships with those in UN agencies, government, think tanks, academic institutions and NGOs, and to represent CaLP in regional fora.
CaLP is a dynamic global network of over 90 organisations engaged in the critical areas of policy, practice and research in humanitarian cash and voucher assistance (CVA) and financial assistance more broadly. As a CaLP team, we work with and for the CaLP network –keeping our vision front and centre. We mobilise the membership and the wider network to look for collective solutions to collective problems.
Key activities in your role will include
- Contribute to the development of the regional strategy and plans, focused on collective issues and collective action.
- Lead engagement and technical support to Cash Working Groups (CWGs) in the region.
- Provide technical input into strategically important debates, forums, policies and guidance.
- Manage programmes and grants, working with others in the team to ensure their impactful delivery within agreed timelines and budgets.
- Ensure robust uptake plans are developed to drive the use of evidence and guidance, both for new and existing resources.
- Foster membership development in line with overall membership strategy.
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Degree or equivalent qualification in an appropriate technical field, or equivalent level of professional experience
- Technically competent on CVA (not required to be expert).
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills and the ability to facilitate and convene conversations with different stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesise information, and articulate complex ideas and experiences simply.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to write clearly and persuasively.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Professional proficiency (written and verbal skills) in French and English.
Our remuneration package:
- We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract
- 24 months
- Base: Dakar
- Competitive compensation packaged
- 25 working days of paid
- insurance for all entitled persons
- life insurance
How to apply
Only applications received through our online service will be considered. Pñease click on the following link to access the service: