HI recruits 01 Explosive Ordonance Risk Education Specialist LIBYA
“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity”
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in more than 60 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org .
JOB CONTEXT :
HI is currently implementing several programmes in Tripoli, Misrata and Benghazi, supporting vulnerable persons and their families such as people with disabilities (including people living with mental health problems), people with chronic diseases, older persons, displaced persons and families, migrants and refugees. Activities include provision of comprehensive rehabilitation services including physical therapy and psychosocial support, provision of assistive & mobility devices as per needed; capacity building, technical support and donations of assistive devices and/or materials and equipment to health partners; training on inclusion principles to other humanitarian actors and health workers;
Since early 2019 HI is implementing a three-year project entitled ‘Action for Mental Health Assistance in Libya’ (AMAL) as part of wider initiatives to improve the access and quality of health care services in Libya. Implemented in partnership with the Libyan Ministry of Health and a Tunisian NGO, the overall objective of the project is to allow the most vulnerable people in Libya from host communities, those internally displaced and returnees and migrants, suffering from mental health disorders/psychosocial disabilities to regain or to preserve good mental health by accessing quality interventions at community level, primary health care level, and secondary and tertiary level.
From July 2020, HI also started a one-year project in partnership with UNDP, which aims to enhance the development of a culture of peace, cooperation and responsibility – with a focus on youth (male and female) – through improved provision of MHPSS services at community level. This project will strongly rely on Libyan Civil Society Organisations.
HI is also involved in Humanitarian Mine Action (HMA) activities, HI supports the Libyan Mine Action Centre (LibMAC), UNMAS and other ministries in developing a victim assistance strategy and action plan. Given the recent events and increase in EO related accidents, HI also seeks to resume quickly EORE activities in greater Tripoli and has developed several proposals in this regard.
Under the responsibility of the Country Manager and in collaboration with the Operations Manager, the Explosive Ordnance Risk Education (EORE) Field Technical Specialist contributes within the country where he/she is based to the implementation of the mandate and the 10-year strategy of Humanity & Inclusion. He/she ensures optimal quality and impact of the projects implemented in the country, through a delegation system with appropriate control mechanisms.
He/she will be responsible for the following:
-You contribute to the Liya mission strategies and if relevant, the regional strategies, in line with the global strategies
-You ensure technical support to projects in line with the global technical frameworks and standards on EORE
-You ensure technical learning from projects
-You ensure the control & monitoring of the technical quality and the relevance of HI’s activities in the programmes under EORE activities
-You ensure compliance of the technical proposition qith nexus stakes
-You contributes to the development of research and innovation projects at country and region level, when relevant in the EORE expertise
-You contribute to the technical divisions professional channel animation
-You contribute to the local external prestige and influence of HI’s expertise in the field of EORE
-You ensure the development of major opportunities or new projects in the region in EORE
Expériences / Formation
- You hold a bachelor’s degree or preferably Master’s degree
- You have at least 3 years of field experience in humanitarian mine action. You have 7 years of professional experience in low-to-middle-income countries. Previous experience in the Middle East (and in Libya) would be a strong plus
- You have previous experience in design and implementation of community focused and community based EORE activities
- You master training and coaching field teams on the job
- You show high level of motivation and proactivity
- You show ability to work in a tensed and volatile context with strict security measures
- You are able to produce clear, concise and responsible communication suited to the interlocutor in English. Arabic language would be a strong asset
At HI, the conditions offered are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. Particular attention is paid to health issues and your personal situation. We offer an induction and training path adapted to our staff members and we have a HR policy oriented toward mobility and professional development.
- 5 months International contract starting ASAP
The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation:
- Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals
- Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level of your personal monthly contribution with a maximum of 272.53€/month ; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.53€/month and a contribution of HI of the same amount
- Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution
- Repatriation insurance paid by HI
- Salary from 2757 € gross/month upon experience
- Perdiem : 13,30 € net/day in Tunisia – paid in the field
22,72€ net/day in Libya – paid in the field
- Hardship : 500 € net/month paid with your salary when employee is actually present at least 16 calendar days per month in Libya.
- Paid leaves : 25 days per year;
- R&R : 1 day per month in Tunisia // 1 day for 8 days spent inside Libya
- unaccompanied : Payment for travel costs (air ticket & visa) // open to couple : Support travel costs (air ticket & visa) for accompanying dependent and health/ repatriation insurance if the dependent has no income/
- Housing : Collective or individual taken in charge by HI