The Regional Evidence and Learning Manager will provide effective leadership to ensure that the region embeds robust evidence and learning at the heart of our work and harnesses this to deliver our ambition. She/he will develop and implement an Evidence and Learning Strategy for West and Central Africa that will support learning and demonstrate the impact of SCI’s work on children’s lives in the region, supporting wider organizational strategic priorities. She/he will ensure that a strong learning culture is built and that the robust use of evidence is systemically embedded into the design, approval, implementation and review of programmes. She/he will also help strengthen country offices’ evidence and learning capability and support their ability to advance analytical work on quality child rights programming. This role has functional oversight of th e Country Office MEAL Managers, including setting their strategic direction and mentoring the team to achieve this. This role will include a large component of capacity building for the national teams. They will also support the Regional Programme Quality Director and Pan Africa Campaign and Advocacy Director to create linkages for the use of evidence for programme development and policy and advocacy work, and coordinate with and be supported by relevant global initiatives and the Centre Evidence & Learning team.
Qualifications and Experience
* At least 6 years’ expertise and relevant postgraduate academic qualification, credibility and influence (externally and internally) through depth and breadth of expertise; the ability to give professional support and direction to others; seek, review and apply best practice from elsewhere.
* Substantial Monitoring and Evaluation experience, preferably with experience of working within a complex and matrix organisation structure and in both development and emergency contexts.
* Considerable proven experience in coordinating the production of policy and research outputs for practical uptake in programmes and/ or policy.
* Knowledge of scientific research principles, methods, practices and protocols in research projects and of relevant data analysis software.
* Demonstrated ability to think critically, strategically and analyze complex information and offer creative, practical and effective solutions.
* Personal effectiveness/self-management: time, pressure, flexibility, adaptability, commitment to own development.
* Intellect, curiosity, creativity and judgement: original ideas; creative approach; sound judgement, encourage ideas, initiative and innovation in others;
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and an ability to produce and disseminate research and MEAL outputs tailored to different audiences to maximize usefulness and uptake;
* Culturally sensitive, with highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
* Willing and able to travel to COs to support field teams as security permits, up to 10 weeks of the year.
* High level of fluency in English and French, both verbal and written, required.
* Commitment to Save the Children International values.
Contract length: 03 Years
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.