Under the general guidance of the Regional Representative, the Regional MEAL is responsible for supporting the development and harmonization of effective and robust Gender sensitive Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning processes.
Objective 1: Implement an innovative and gender sensitive ACF MEAL strategy at Regional level
- Consolidate the existing MEAL regional strategy and ensure its effective roll out and implementation;
- Capitalise MEAL approaches and tools developed by the missions and provide recommendations on context specific MEAL strategies at country level in line with the regional strategy;
- Provide guidance to Missions on development of MEAL SOPs to guide the roll up of a standardized methodology across the country offices;
- Advocate for adequate staffing and budget to support MEAL activities (at regional and missions’ levels) and provide recommendations on the organizational chart of MEAL departments to relevant missions;
Engage with diverse internal and external stakeholders (other INGOs, donors, etc…) to share experiences and advocate for best practices around gender sensitive MEAL.
Objectif 2: Standardize gender sensitive tools at regional level and ensure a regular follow-up on donors’ requirements on M&E
- Support, coordinate and harmonize M&E mechanisms and practices;
- Provide guidance and technical recommendations regarding the development of gender sensitive and protection needs assessments at country level, where requested;
- Meet donors at Regional level and ensure that ACF M&E tools respond to donors’ requirements;
- Improve or disseminate M&E tools in coordination with HQs and MEAL coordinators at country level and facilitate the implementation within missions.
Support countries offices in developing monitoring and evaluation tools in gendermainstreaming
Objectif 3 : Contribute to quality improvement
- Lead and support gender sensitive qualitative research across multiple countries;
- Perform program quality assurance and support the regional office technical Advisors as well as the country offices MEAL HoD in data quality audits, in mid-term and final reviews and provide guidance on field monitoring and evaluations;
Promote the application of good practices in needs assessments and program design.
Objectif 4: Reinforce gender sensitive accountability and learning at regional level and facilitate an evidence-based programing
- Develop (where needed) and harmonise missions and stakeholder Gender sensitive FBM (Feedback Mechanism) tools and protocols developed at mission level in order to standardise the approach and assist missions without MEAL capacities on implementing effective FBM systems taking in account the different needs of females males beneficiaries.
- Lead and encourage the MEAL Coordinators in strengthening and rolling out their gender sensitive accountability and learning frameworks at mission level, providing regular communication flows and sharing of best practices;
- Ensure timely establishment of stakeholder FBM and Accountability Frameworks at mission level based on existing best practices within ACF.
Support country offices in the development of an evidence-based programming.
Objectif 5: Build capacities and ensure trainings at country and regional levels
- Develop capacity building initiatives with identified stakeholders, including training and mentoring for field staff based on gaps in specific areas of knowledge and practice;
- Train technical focal points, regional office staff and partners on M&E tools, database use and sex and age disaggregated data interpretation to improve data for decision making;
- Develop a gender sensitive training curriculum for MEAL middle-level management and perform training in Dakar;
- Support country offices in the recruitment process for M&E-related roles.