Save the Children recruits 01 Book publishing Coordinator
Save the Children is seeking for a book publishing coordinator. The role purpose is to play an active role in identifying opportunities to further improve overall publishing processes for textbooks and reading materials for primary education in Senegal The person who fills this position will work on all aspects of the editorial process, from building the capacity of local publishers to produce children’s books for early grade readers (grades KG to 2), to commissioning the production of culturally relevant, age appropriate textbooks and reading materials, working with MOE partners (INEADE, DEE and others) to streamline a timely process of procurement and delivery of textbooks and reading materials. S/he will also have responsibility for being program management focal point for SCI country office reporting to the DPO in the SCI Country Office and being responsible project management tasks required by SCI to manage a project including the development of annual work plans, budget management, procurement and technical reporting.
NB : This position is contingent upon donor approval and funding.
- Mapping publishing needs, including scheduling and assigning top editors, and coordinating with their design department.
- Maintain editorial calendar
- Review blue prints
- Schedule and manage capacity building sessions for local publishers
- Manage author paperwork (copyright and disclosures) for all textbooks and learning materials
- Create, organize and manage contact databases.
- Support the ministry of education textbooks and learning materials unit
- Assist in the setting up of a relevant delivery and distribution of textbooks and reading materials nationwide.
- Coordinate regular concertation with national publishers’ associations.
- Provide editorial fact-checking and research support, as needed.
- Promote the publishing of digital, audio and video reading content as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years’ experience in the publishing environment, especially with peer reviewed manuscripts
- Must have excellent communication skills, especially in dealing tactfully and professionally with authors and peer reviewers
- Ability to prioritize tasks with a capacity for details, accuracy, organization and problem solving
- Self-starter, able to work independently or as part of a team
- Familiarity with the higher education environment helpful
- Understanding of the publication and production process
- Prior experience working with scholars and professors helpful
- Positive Attitude – Shapes an optimistic, “can do” culture where people are confident in our collective ability to take action, solve problems, achieve progress, and make a real difference.
- Execution – Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Organization/Planning – Plans, organizes schedules and tasks in an efficient, productive manner. Focused on key prioritie
- Critical Thinking – Demonstrates the ability to analyze complex information, consider issues from multiple perspectives, and take a disciplined, fact-based approach to decision-making.
- Drive – Demonstrates a strong personal and professional will to accomplish objectives. Takes initiative, persists in the face of obstacles, and is driven to succeed.
- Flexibility/Adaptability – Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions, copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Communication – Speaks and writes clearly and articulately; effectively adapts messaging to different audiences.
- Teamwork – Maintains a positive and collaborative working relationship with peers, supervisors, and direct reports.
- Continuous Improvement – Challenges self and others to improve value to customers by relentlessly seeking waste reduction, evolution, and innovation in all aspects of our work.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
Closing date: 17 Jun 2021 – 23:59 GMT.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter senegal.savethechildren.net .