Save the Children is recruiting for an experienced Senior MEAL Coordinator (MEAL-C) to support a migration programme across four countries in West Africa. The project brings together an EU funded consortium of international organisations to deliver a high quality, integrated programme focused on improving vulnerable migrant girls and boys access to protection and quality services in strategic locations on the migration routes of West Africa.
He/She provides overall technical leadership and oversight for high quality collection, consolidation and analysis of program data. S/he will ensure that the day-to-day data collection for the programme is done at country level, including baseline, midlines, end lines and evaluations. The MEAL-C will be accountable for the quality of data collected and for the effective analysis, timely and quality implementation of MEAL activities, in compliance with SCI quality standards.
As a key member of the consortium he/she will take shared responsibility to ensure the programme’s success. He/she will specifically support and enable countries covered by the migration consortium project through:
* General MEAL mainstreaming, capacity building and support of SCI and partners project staff and country level project monitoring, including data collection, analisys and reporting of indicators, qualitative and quantitative information for the migration project. Staff to support include project and CO M&E staff, project managers, and partners.
* Ensure the migration project:
* Meets and exceeds the programme standards for design, monitoring and evaluation
* Applies the International program standard operating procedures
* Implements SCI MEAL priorities and initiatives
* Leads on cross cutting themes
* Demonstrates outcomes and impact for target groups
- A degree in a relevant field either in relation to monitoring and evaluation or in statistics
Experience And Skills
- Substantial monitoring and evaluation experience
- Prior experience in management of consortia and/or multi-country programs ( 2 years)
- Substantial experience in data collection and management
- Good knowledge in developing and manipulate database and statistical tools
- Successful track record of implementing simple, effective monitoring systems, including experience in data collection and management
- Experience in remote and matrix management
- Proficiency in written and spoken French and English
- Experience in Child Protection/Youth/Migration programming.
- Experience in Rights-based approach
- Experience in promoting children’s participation in programming, design, implementation and evaluation
- Working experience in challenging and insecure contexts and/or similar.
- Capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult working circumstances.
Contract length : 01 year
Type of Contract: National
Work location: Dakar
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.