Sightsavers is recruiting for an experienced and successful Institutional Fundraiser with a proven background of securing and managing multiple large-scale funding from a range of institutional donors.
Purpose of role
As Institutional Funding Senior Advisor, you will be responsible for securing, maintaining and developing institutional donor relationships. You will lead on contract management and maintain key institutional donor relationships for some of Sightsavers’ largest funding agreements and engage with senior internal stakeholders at head office, consortium working groups and country offices to support project implementation.
About the role of Institutional Funding Senior Advisor
- Building and maintaining strategic relationships with multiple institutional donors
- Directly manage the contracts and grants for Sightsavers projects
- Lead on the effective planning, coordination, production and negotiation of bids and proposals
- Learning and continuous improvement of the overall strategic direction and operations of the team and wider organisation
- Raising the profile of Sightsavers’ work in the area of Institutional Funding through representation and interaction at appropriate forums
- International travel for proposal developments, donor visits, support programme staff
The role involves extensive international travel and would suit an individual with proven experience of securing and managing multiple large-scale funding from a range of institutional donors including governments and major foundations, for an international development organisation.
Knowledge, skills and experience for Programme Officer Social Inclusion
- Educated to degree level or equivalent working experience
- Demonstrable experience of working in government or statutory funding for an international development organisation
- Demonstrable experience of securing multiple, large-scale funding from a range of institutional donors (governments and/or major foundations) e.g. FCDO (DFID), USAID, EC, Gates
- Ability to demonstrate up-to-date knowledge and understanding of donor policy direction and regulations
- Experience of managing contracts with large-scale institutional donors
- Experience of leading on donor engagement activities such as donor engagement strategy development and meetings
- Exceptional internal and external stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Research, reporting writing and proposal development skills
- An understanding of and commitment to the realisation of the rights of people with disabilities
- Availability to travel for up to 8 weeks per year travel for proposal developments, donor visits, support programme staff in the development of relationships at a country office / regional level. (Covid-19 restrictions allowing).
- Fluent French language skills
- Business level English skills
- Line Management experience
The Institutional Funding Senior Advisor is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Job Description for full details.
Closing date: 24 October 2021
As an equal opportunities employer we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply