Citi recruits 01 Relationship Analyst
As part of the BCMA Team, the RA role is to assist the GCB Bankers in relationship management activities around their portfolio of clients by providing consistent, enthusiastic, high quality banking, credit and customer service support. The Analyst is an entry-level position responsible for contributing to the services of the overall team with a focus on raising funds in the capital markets and providing strategic advisory services in coordination with the Institutional Banking team. The overall objective is to formulate investment strategies and raise capital for clients
BCMA is a leading provider of value added financial services to top-tier Local, Multinational, Public Sector and Financial Institution clients. You must be able to respond to client requests promptly and effectively and help resolve any client related problems. You will ensure error free transactions and provide quality service and administration to all accounts in your portfolio. You will be accountable for the set-up and maintenance of client information on internal systems. Working internally with various team members you will ensure proper and smooth handling to client request and deliverables.
- Participate client transactions, projects or assignments as the junior member of a professional team
- Partner with more senior Corporate Banking officers and professionals
- Organize and analyze sophisticated financial data used in client proposals and strategic plans
- Prepare written recommendations and create statistical exhibits
- Conduct economic/financial research
- Provide evaluations of a company’s financial performance compared to overall industry and market trends or data
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Assist Bankers to establish trusting relationships with clients.
- Assist Bankers in the management of a portfolio of client relationships to generate both customer satisfaction and achieve various business/revenue growth goals. Timely follow-up will be a critical aspect of the job.
- Partner with Bankers to develop comprehensive understanding of client, and to assist BCMA Bankers to execute specific account strategies. Become the client expert.
- Understanding of how to evaluate risks (credit, market and operational risks).
- Assist Bankers with account opening, AML queries and administration of portfolio of names.
- Assist Bankers in profiling clients by linking up with the parent teams to generate relationship information and support the Banker in preparing for a call and do the follow-up where appropriate.
- Demonstrate an understanding of products and have working knowledge of local markets and financial markets relevant to the client base.
- Update and maintain Bank records (Citivision, CRM, CitiKYC, Citirisk/CAT, and AMC).
- Investigate clients ‘transactions; interact with Compliance team (AIRs).
- Follow-up on the account opening procedure (Multinational, Embassy and NGO).
- Prepare classification agreements sent to the central bank every semester (calculation of financial ratios, analysis of financial statements).
- Respond to client requests and resolve account related problems and work with service providers to resolve specific problems.
- Review transactions for compliance with policies (e.g. KYC) and ensure adherence to policy / legal requirements.
- Assist in the regularization of discrepant documentation.
- Act as client contact point in the absence of the BCMA Banker.
- Do client call reports and conduct site visits to client premises.
- Team work is a critical success factoring this job.
- Associates will be exposed to meet clients, explore and originate with BCMA Bankers various solutions to FI client’s needs from Corporate perspective.
- BCMA Associates will be exposed to TTS and FICC product originations. In addition, RA will be exposed to relationship management skills and should evolve to the position of Relationship Manager.
- Should have the knowledge of Citi KYC requirements,
- Strong Research capability through various applications to obtain data
- Basic Financial Analysis
- Banking and business background is essential
- Previous relevant experience preferred
- Theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge is required, including comprehensive knowledge of the Corporate Banking business, its related products and pertinent regulations affecting it
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills
- Highly motivated, smart, with a can do attitude who want to grow in the job
- Success oriented
- Strong MS Office Skills
- Strong Relationship Skills
- Bi-lingual (French/English) is a must
- Disciplined and punctual
- Focused and career oriented
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Bachelor Degree
- 1 or two years of experience in the same line of business is preferable
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
If you are interested in this position, please send your and cover letter.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (« Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
Closing date: 26 February 2022. Postuler