Program Associate, Revenue and Reconciliation
: Proficiency in French and English
Location: Thies, Senegal
myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. We have pioneered a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to help 1 million farmers increase their incomes by $1.50 per day by 2025 and lift themselves out of poverty.
About this Role
This year in Senegal, we will rely on a network of over 900 Village Entrepreneurs (VEs) who will sell scratch cards to small holder farmers (clients) in order to collect revenue. This role is about ensuring that card inventory, SMSs received, and cash received are reconciled for each and every VE and at every level of aggregation (Sales Leader, Zone, Country).
You will contribute to the VE selection and training to ensure that they have the skills necessary for their required work. You will help build the backend technical support required to ensure that each team member has access to the information necessary in order to do their jobs effectively. You will also liaise with Mobile Money institutions to ensure that mobile money accounts can operate problem-free throughout the season.
This role will require strong systems-thinking ability, as well as attention to detail. It will also require collaboration with a diverse group of team members in the field, within headquarters, and internationally. The system has been built and tested, but continual improvements are required for greater transparency, ease of use, and efficiency.
It’s an exciting time for myAgro as we are also attempting to increase our payment flexibility with our farmers (clients) by permitting direct mobile money payments (instead of the purchase of scratch cards). You will help us to build up systems that will allow us to scale to our goal of 1,000,000 farmers by 2025.
- Manage revenue collection process from farmer clients
- Supervise a small team of assistants in HQ to assist in data processing and communication with the field team members
- Coordinate with product team members for backend database integration and maintenance
- Liaise with mobile money partner organization to troubleshoot problems and coordinate future growth activities
- Create dashboards and reports to enable field team members to follow up on discrepancies in the field
- Create processes for field team members effectively monitor revenue collection from network of Village Entrepreneurs
- Conduct initial and ongoing training sessions for field team members to ensure proper respect of operating procedures
- Oversee card distribution and card inventory control processes to ensure that card inventories, cash collections, and SMS sales are matching up across clients within Senegal
- Meticulous attention to detail
- High Excel literacy
- Great cross-cultural communication
- Personal organization skills (work planning, prioritization)
Desired Skills and Competencies:
- Above average skills using excel
- Working in organization with similar large-scale decentralized field agents requiring backend technical support
- Experience with Tableau (a plus)
- Experience in Automation (cloud computing, running cron jobs, etc.) (a plus)
- Salesforce experience – creating custom reports (a plus)
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.