Svitzer recruits 01 Purchase and Logistics Specialist
Transports et logistique
Purchase and Logistics Specialist
EgyptAlexandriaLocalProcurement Last application date: 17/2/2021
***NOTE: POSITION IS BASED IN EGYPT SUPPORTING PURCHASE AND LOGISTICS ACTIVITIES FOR OUR OMAN OPERATIONS***
Svitzer is one of the world’s largest towage companies, owning and operating vessels in more than 40 countries and more than 150 ports and terminals across the globe. The company is growing rapidly both organically and through acquisitions. Svitzer is a wholly-owned part of the Maersk Group. For more information about the company, please visit http://www.svitzer.com.
This role is based in Egypt and shall support our Operations in Oman. The successful applicant will take ownership of purchasing and logistics support for a fleet of 9 vessels under direct management for our Oman operations.
As a Purchasing and Logistics Manager you will be part of a highly engaged international team with ambitious business targets. We set the bar high for ourselves and the organization, maintaining a results driven and aggressive mind-set while striking a positive work/life balance. We pride ourselves on treating each other with respect and see our diversity as a genuine competitive advantage.
We offer This role provides the incumbent the responsibility to reduce the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of goods and services (incl non-technical) for Svitzer Oman. This includes, but is not limited to, P2P process implementation and optimization, vendor relationship management, shipping and logistics of goods as well as general cost and supply optimization of all aspects of Svitzer Oman operations.
The position offers a unique opportunity for a pro-active and organized individual to exercise functional leadership across a large operation, building a culture of technical excellence and craftsmanship across the fleet. This position will be able to draw from a well-developed toolbox within the Global Svitzer organization, selecting and applying practices from other parts of the world and applying in a local context.
A network of seasoned purchasing professionals across our region are your go-to peers for sparring and consultation. The AMEA Region currently operates vessels in ports and terminals in Egypt, Angola, Morocco, Liberia, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, Bangladesh and Russia and is shortlisted for large projects is other geographies.
Key responsibilities • To pursue and execute purchase orders based on incoming requisitions, keeping cost and quality in mind while assuring timely delivery.
• Optimize and uphold the Svitzer procurement process (P2P) dialogue with local, regional and global suppliers.
• Strive towards full compliance towards Svitzer Procurement manual and other Maersk Group rules as well as the responsible procurement guidelines.
• Monitor, evaluate and optimize the total cost of ownership related to purchased goods and services for the operations, thereby acquiring the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible purchase cost.
• Actively manage and reduce costs through benchmarking of prices, bulk purchases, consolidation and timely inventory management.
• Evaluate the suppliers based on price, quality, service support, availability and reliability thereby adding overall value to the operation.
• Maintain and manager relationships and build volume with local as well as regional and global key suppliers while constantly searching for new and more competitive alternatives.
• Follow-up to make sure ordered goods has been received and acknowledged, confirming that delivered items are aligned with POs and invoices.
• Resolve conflicts between vendor and Svitzer regarding product defects, shortages and/or untimely deliveries.
• Liaise with freight forwarding Companies assuring service quality at the right cost.
• Generate P2P reports for the AMEA Region.
• Create benchmark repots for various category of commodities.
We are looking for Qualifications and Experience Required: • Bachelor degree or equivalent in a business discipline
• Previous experience of atleast 2-4 years
within Marine and Industrial Procurement
• Experience with vendor management and purchasing
• Previous experience in planned maintenance systems
• Excellent MS Office suite skills
Personal Attributes: • Excellent English Language skills (written and spoken)
• Pro-active and well organized
• Able to work under pressure and highly motivated
• High level of professionalism, honesty and integrity
• Good Organizational, time management and planning skills POSTULER