The UNDP recruits 01 Recruitment Assistant
UNDP, as an integral part of its mission to fight poverty and improve the lives of people around the world, is committed to being open, transparent and accountable. As part of this commitment, UNDP adopted International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and established a Global Shared Service Unit (GSSU) to provide IPSAS transactional recording (in the areas of revenue, expenses and fixed assets), procurement, advisory and support services to UNDP Offices worldwide, and to provide training to UNDP Offices where needed. Human Resources services within the GSSU was set up earlier in 2003 in Copenhagen and it provides customized service packages to more than 40,000 UN personnel from agencies, funds and programmes across the UN System. GSSU/HR in Copenhagen has established a legacy as a major Human Resources administration center within the United Nations and is recognized as a center of excellence. The Global Shared Service Unit (GSSU) is part of the Bureau for Management Services (BMS).
In the area of Human Resources, the GSSU supports both staff and management in UNDP offices and units, with the full cycle of HR services ranging from recruitment, talent management, learning and development, HR policy and advisory services, benefits and entitlements management, payroll and banking transactions.
In six UNDP Regional Bureau Service Centers (RSCs) – Addis Ababa, Amman, Bangkok, Dakar, Istanbul and Panama – the recruitment and administration of local personnel will be proximity-based and managed by outposted GSSU personnel who report directly to the Global HR Service Centers (GHRSC) in Istanbul and Copenhagen.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Recruitment Associates, the Recruitment Assistant in the GSSU RSC supports the transparent implementation of the outposted recruitment of personnel for Country Offices in each Regional Bureau under their responsibility. S/he performs a variety of standard administrative processes and services ensuring high quality and accuracy of work and consistency in service delivery. The Recruitment Assistant supports the team with the provision of advise to internal and external clients and managers on policies, guidelines and services and promotes a collaborative and client-oriented approach, sharing knowledge and best practice, including conducting training courses and coaching. Clients with whom there is direct contact may include UN Agency staff and other personnel in country offices as well as other units in UNDP.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
Implementation of Recruitment Strategies
Implementation of Recruitment Services
- Support and Maintenance of Knowledge Management Prescriptive Content for Recruitment, Selection and Placement
Ensures implementation of Recruitment Strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of recruitment processes and records with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Input to recruitment business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard
- Operating Procedures (SOPs) in recruitment management in consultation with direct supervisors and GSSU management.
Implements Recruitment Services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support to the preparation of draft terms of reference, vacancy announcements, screening of applicants, evaluation of candidate applications, gathering of candidate references, organization of interview panels, finalization of candidate selection/approvals and handover of completed recruitment cases to the GSSU
- Benefits and Entitlements Team for hiring, onboarding and contract management.
- Support to the communication with candidates as it relates to the outcome of their applications.
- Provide assistance with the production of insightful recruitment analytics reports with regard to critical vacancies taking into account UNDP’s corporate priorities of gender parity and workforce diversity.
- Support the maintenance and update of recruitment measurements and tracking systems.
- Contribute to the maintenance and update of candidate rosters
- Support Team members to meet the goals of the Team and GSSU RSC.
- Provide support on the reduction of costs of operations and related costs to clients and partners and assist Country Offices with the validation and timely recovery of charges related to recruitment services provided to projects and/or other UN Agencies.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by direct supervisors.
- Support and Maintenance of Knowledge Management Prescriptive Content for Recruitment, Selection and
- Placement focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensures that knowledge management distribution/system contains accurate and comprehensive coverage of recruitment, selection and placement matters.
- Contribute to the identification of the need for new and/or modified policies and practices and initiate or propose actions required. Actively liaise with direct supervisors to seek policy clarifications and/or identify agreed solutions.
- Support to periodic training courses on local recruitments for Country Offices and the Regional Hub.
- Contribute to continuous learning and development for recruitment by pursuing own development and acquire new knowledge with recruitment best practices.
- Innovation – Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Leadership – Ability to persuade others to follow
- People Management – Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Communication – Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Delivery – Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- Building Strategic Partnerships
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives.
- Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things.
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position.
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks.
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
- Promoting Organizational Change and Development
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions.
- Strategic Alignment of Management Practice (HQ & RSCs)
- Supports transparency and equity in transactions and service delivery.
- Design and Implementation of Management Systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems.
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion.
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines.
- Responds to client needs promptly.
- Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education. BA/BSc degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Social Sciences, International Relations and any other related fields would be desirable but it is not a requirement.
- Minimum five (5) years (with Secondary education), or, minimum two (2) years (with Bachelor Degree) of relevant experience in administrative support services; preferably recruitment.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Experience with talent acquisition software and platforms is meritorious.
Fluency in English and in French (both written and verbal).
Working knowledge of other UN language(s) would be an advantage.
Closing date : 5 October 2021.