|UNDP recruts 01 Programme Analyst, RBM|
|Localisation||Dakar / Sénégal|
|Expiration||13 Décembre 2020|
Description de l’offre
Programme Analyst, RBM
Practice Area – Job Family Management
Vacancy End Date
(Midnight New York, USA)
Duty Station Dakar, Senegal
Education & Work Experience
I-Master’s Level Degree – 2 year(s) experience
Vacancy Type FTA Local
Bureau United Nations Volunteers
1 Year with possibility for extension
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture.
Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination.
All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The UNV Regional Offices (RO) provide oversight and strategic guidance to the UNV Field Units in their respective geographical assignments and are mainly accountable for the placement of UN Volunteers mobilized for UN Agencies, Funds, and Programmes focused on peace, development and humanitarian needs.
Furthermore, the Regional Offices represent, and strategically position, UNV and bring UNV’s services and solutions closer to its partners from governments, UN entities, civil society and private sector.
The Regional Offices also lead in scoping and delivering UNV’s advisory service offer on volunteer infrastructure.
Reporting to the Manager, Regional Office, and with the technical guidance and supervision of the Programme Specialist, RBM at headquarters, the Programme Analyst, RMB is responsible for providing technical support on evidence-based monitoring and planning.
She/he contributes to the strategic planning process through qualitative and quantitative data analysis and integration for the purposes of UNV programming, planning, monitoring, and reporting. Moreover, she/he will contribute to providing analytical content to the achievements (or regression) of the UNV Strategic Framework through the assessment of regional input to the Integrated Results and Resources Framework.
She/he provides inputs to capacity development initiatives for strengthening the RBM functions in the region through its network of Field Units in alignment with UNV’s evolving role and new challenges.
Duties and Responsibilities
Technical support to UNV’s corporate planning and reporting
• Collect, classify and analyze statistical information for the region through data identification and compilation from various relevant sources to contribute to corporate global and regional planning processes and the establishment of annual targets aligned to UNV’s Strategic Framework;
• In close consultation with the Regional Portfolio Managers and Specialists, and overall guidance from the Programme Specialist (RBM), propose critical parameters to facilitate the overall regional and country analysis, and the establishment of related planning and monitoring tools;
• Contribute to the regional planning exercise by ensuring adequate linkages of the region’s priorities with UNV’s Annual Business Plan and verifying they are duly reflected in applicable systems;
• Contribute to mid-term and annual review of unit work plan, monitor risk management and undertake analysis using enterprise risk framework, update RO workplan risk matrix, advise RO management on risk treatment measures.
• Under direct supervision and oversight of Regional Manager, working in close collaboration with RO Administrative Assistant contribute to preparation of Regional Office/Field Unit budgets in line with the RO planned results. When applicable liaise with UNV HQ Finance and Budget Section (FBS) on budget planning and modification issues as necessary.
• May contribute to preparation of regular and on-demand budget balance reports aligned with the region’s achievements on SF Outcomes 1&2, based on the available (and any future) Power Bi reports on i) AWP monitoring (including financial monitoring) and ii) Project Budget Balance and Project Transaction Detail.
• Guide Field Units in the proper utilization of RBM tools and technical support data integration and consolidation;
• Provide support to ensure that regional indicators are tracked and analyzed in a consolidated manner, and updates are provided regularly to the Programme Specialist (RBM) for effective programme and management decisions;
• Based on Field Units’ needs and country portfolios, carry out basic research to facilitate proper planning, monitoring and reporting;
• Support the elaboration of the overall/regional results-oriented annual reports and other relevant materials, ensuring visibility of representative and consolidated substantive results aligned with the Strategic Framework outcomes and outputs.
Technical support to corporate monitoring
• Provide technical support to collect and report accurate, reliable and coherent data, achieving the right balance of qualitative and quantitative evidence, self-reported and independent data and support their interpretation and use to assess corporate results. Collaborate with the Programme Specialist (RBM) to improve quality, identify trends and prepare briefs to inform future decision making processes;
• Provide technical guidance on evidence-based monitoring and evaluation plans using adequate and innovative data collection solutions, drawing from regional/national statistics data, and coordinating with other UN agency partners, in support to the relevant strategic plans;
• Provide technical support to the Field Units in the region for country level reporting compliance and contribute to the maintenance of a regional data base.
Develop capacity on evidence-based monitoring/RBM and support knowledge management
• Support the region in the formulation of a strategy for effective deployment of evidence-based functions across the countries assigned;
• Provide content for developing a plan to improve skills and capacity for basic results based planning, data collection and survey methods;
• Contribute to developing and monitoring regional plans for proactive interventions and support to Regional Offices on RBM, including the linking and setting of indicators’ baselines, milestones and targets against the Strategic Framework;
• Support the identification and documentation of key lessons derived from evidence monitoring and provide recommendations for risk identification and management;’
• Where applicable, act as a back-up for e-procurement actions at RO level, including back-up function for e-requisition/T&E approval and budget availability certification to Regional Portfolio Specialist (primary role of the function);
• Participate in the facilitation of communities of practice and other knowledge management mechanisms to actively promote exchange of experiences and good practices.
• Ability to make new and useful ideas work
• Ability to persuade others to follow
• Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
• Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
• Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
• Ability to manage programmes and projects with a strategy aimed at improved performance and demonstrable results
Development Planning and Monitoring
• Ability to develop business and planning processes at the national and local level and the ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations
• Ability to set goals and indicators and to interpret and synthesize results into usable information to inform policy, strategy, and/or action
Monitoring and Evaluation
• Knowledge of methodologies, assessment tools, systems and apply practical experience in planning, monitoring, evaluating and reporting and ability to apply to practical situations
• Ability to perform administrative and procedural activities to ensure that quality requirements and goals are fulfilled
• Ability to engage and foster strategic partnerships with other parties, inter-agency coordination and forge productive working relationships
• Ability to capture, develop, share and effectively use information and knowledge
• Required Skills and Experience
• Master’s degree in social sciences, in economics, business administration, statistics, social sciences or related fields.
• 2 years of relevant experience in data analysis and monitoring, statistical methods, and programme management and implementation.
• Fluency in English and French
• Only short-listed applicants will be contacted;
• The successful candidate will hold a UNDP letter of appointment;
• This post is open to nationals of Senegal only.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
UNDP/UNV reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement.
We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP/UNV at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP/UNV is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
UNDP/UNV does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination.
All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process.
Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
COMMENT POSTULER ?
Apply online :