|UNODC recruits 01 UNV Media and Communication Officer (TIP/SOM Unit)|
|Localisation||Dakar / Sénégal|
|Expiration||30 Mars 2021|
Description de l’offre
UNV Media and Communication Officer (TIP/SOM Unit)
Host Entity : UNODC
Country : Senegal
Duty Station : Dakar (SEN)
Language Skills :
Start Date : Immediate
Duration : 12 months with possibility of extension
Application Deadline : 30 March 2021
Minimum age: 25 years old.
Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator heading the Trafficking in Persons and Smuggling of Migrant’s Unit of the Regional Office and the overall guidance of the Senior Regional Advisor (Head of the Law Enforcement Section, ROSEN), the UN Volunteer Specialist – Media and Communication – will undertake the following tasks:
• Develop, maintain and update the unit’s advocacy and communication strategy and associated workplan at the regional level in consultation with the head of unit and colleagues.
• Promote a better understanding of trafficking in persons and smuggling of migrants issues as well as the work conducted by the unit to assist states in countering these thematic in West and Central Africa by carrying out media, information and communication campaigns on various platforms.
• Draft and edit key external information material, including brochures, web stories, press releases, briefing points and official discourses.
• Draft articles on unit’s activities in West Africa together with original stories related to trafficking in persons and smuggling of migrants (feature stories, photo stories and Press notes).
• Design, launch and support the unit’s website together with its communication and advocacy strategy;
• Update website and Social Media Management: prepare new material and update daily and weekly content for the unit’s website and Social Media platforms.
• Assist with Media Monitoring and flagging of trafficking in persons and smuggling of migrants issues reported in the media (online, print and broadcast).
• Sorting, production and maintenance of a photo and video gallery with content from unit’s projects in West Africa and Central Africa.
• Assist with designing, production and dissemination of unit’s publications and reports;
• Participate in key events and conferences as needed.
• Assist with development and implementation of communication and sensitization activities.
• Support design and implementation of the International day for Victims of Trafficking (Blue Heart Campaign) and International Migrant’s day.
• Establish unit’s database (Media and Stakeholders) for information and media dissemination.
• Maintain close collaboration with Regional Communication Advisers from other agencies and UNODC HQ Communication Officers for effective overall coordination.
• Maintain close collaboration with local media and influencers.
• Attend UN Communications Group meetings and participate in joint activities as required.
• Promote the work of UNODC against trafficking in persons and smuggling of migrants in West and Central Africa within the overall framework of the Protocol to Prevent, Suppress and Punish Trafficking in Persons, Especially Women and Children and the Protocol against the Smuggling of Migrants by Land, Sea and Air, both supplementing the United Nations Convention against Transnational Organized Crime;
• Support the implementation of UNODC’s Regional Strategy for Combating Trafficking in Persons and Smuggling of Migrants in West and Central Africa, and support efforts to mobilize resources based on the strategy in collaboration with relevant partners;
• Respond to other media and communication-related requests as needed.
• Perform other work-related duties as required.
Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in journalism, communication, media with a strong interest in social science, international relations, political science, law, public administration or related fields.
A first-level university degree in a similar field in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Required experience: 24 Months
A minimum of two years of relevant professional experience in communication; media or journalism is required.
Knowledge of ethical standards in reporting on migration, human rights, crime prevention or criminal justice at the national or international level is required.
Excellent communication and drafting skills and experience in writing and editing articles and conducting interviews required.
Excellent command of photography, writing for the web, filming or editing is desirable.
Experience in web design and creation of communication supports, use of design and creation software such as Adobe Illustrator is required.
Knowledge of the work of UNODC or the thematic of migration, trafficking in persons or human rights is desirable.
Working experience in the field, especially in West and Central Africa is an added value.
• English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
• French(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Other communications related experience, Public information and reporting
Area of expertise details:
advocacy and communication strategy
media, information and communication campaigns on various platforms
Design, launch and support the unit’s website
Driving license: No
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Working in Teams
Application deadline: 30-03-2021
COMMENT POSTULER ?
Apply online :