The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Khartoum , Sudan.
As Head of Operations you will be a member of the senior management team within Sudan. You will be responsible for leading and managing the operations teams (HR, admin, IT, logistics and procurement) ensuring they respond to the needs of Welthungerhilfe programmes in compliance with Welthungerhilfe, donor, and legal requirements. Through your leadership, the operations teams will be supportive of programme delivery, results driven and guided by professionalism.
- Supervision and support of logistic staff in Country Office and in the projects
- Supervision and control of procurement plans and tender processes for all projects and the Country Office
- General office management
- Coordination with multiple service providers
- Management of drivers, other staff (e.g. guards, maintenance staff etc.) and vehicles
- Ensuring a working IT infrastructure
- HR management on Country Office level
- Supporting the Country Director in the implementation of the security and safety plan and protocols
- A university or polytechnic degree in a relevant field like logistics, management or development cooperation/humanitarian aid including qualifications that are commensurate with the position
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience managing NGO or UN operations in fragile and insecure locations
- Sound understanding of compliance with legal requirements, including standard NGO and donor policies
- Willingness to travel in the field and work in remote places with basic living conditions (as allowed by security)
- Good management and organisation skills even under heavy work pressure
- Excellent staff capacity building and training skills
- Strong communication skills with excellent spoken and written English, Arabic language skills would be an advantage
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits” .
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by March 31, 2020. Your contact person is Carolin Moellenbeck.
* We welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin. In case of equal qualification, people with disabilities will be given preferential consideration.