World Food Programme recruits 01 Runway rehabilitation works Supervisor-(SSA 6)
World Food Programme
Kalemie, République Démocratique du Congo
Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, …), Projet/programme de développement
Opportunités de carrière : Runway rehabilitation works Supervisor-Kalemie (SSA 6) (155142)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Female applicants and qualified applicants are especially encouraged to apply
ABOUT WFP The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
JOB TITLE: Runway rehabilitation works Supervisor
TYPE OF CONTRACT: SSA6
DUTY STATION (City, Country): Kalemie
DURATION: 6 months
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT: The incumbent will be responsible for overseeing the rehabilitation and maintenance works of the runways in DRC for WFP/UNHAS. The role will be based in Kalemie but will involve extensive travel throughout DRC to supervise the works onsite.
In the performance of his/her functions, the incumbent will be under the immediate supervision of the Head of the Engineering Unit and the overall supervision of the Chief Air Transport Officer (CATO).
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: Represent WFP onsite during runway rehabilitations and provide supervision of nominated contractors. To provide accurate and timely reports on outputs to enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to the stakeholders.Develop and maintain positive working relationships with site operational teams, contractors, local aviation authorities (RVA), service providers and business support services.Contribute to preparedness actions, providing technical recommendations and guidance and monitor the management of risks.Conduct regular evaluations and prepare the scope of the works required for runway improvements at the airports operated by UNHAS.Help to identify local contractors capable of carrying out the proposed works in a costly effective manner and follow up on the WFP administrative and procurement processes.Adhere to safe work practices in accordance with the requirements of the Contracts and WFP policies.Highlight technical, safety and security issues during site supervisionPerform any other duties as required.
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT: Conduct on-site assessment(s) providing detailed reports related to works required, including cost estimates and timelines.Provide Project Management for the runway rehabilitation works.Advise on planned operations and maintenance schedules and inspections for the runway project(s).Ensure adherence to health, safety, and environmental aspects are reasonably implemented in line with WFP guidelines and directives
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Education:
• A first-level University degree in similar fields in combination with 5 additional years of qualifying experience . An university degree in Engineering (Civil, Electrical, and/or Mechanical) is desirable.
• Additional qualification in Projects, Construction or Building Services, Occupational Health and Safety, an asset.
• At least 5 years of relevant post-graduate experience , including in similar work environments.
• Experience of working on road rehabilitation projects using the HIMO and HIE methods.
• Proven management of teams in engineering projects in DRC
• Developed knowledge in road engineering and supervision in DRC
• Experience as project manager and site manager in DRC
Knowledge & Skills:
• Excellent organizational, communication and negotiation skills
• Proven experience in supervising projects of a similar scope
• Willingness and resilience to be deployed in remote and isolated locations while supervising projects on-site.
• Extensive experience as a technical adviser, providing expert guidance in leading projects in DRC
• Autocad Skills – to provide engineering drawings if necessary. (Desirable)
• Knowledge of the mandate and intervention mechanisms of the United Nations system agencies
• Ability to work effectively with people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds
Fluency in French language (level C).Knowledge of English (level B). Knowledge of local languages for communication with the contractors is desired.
TO APPLY Interested applicants should complete their applications online at the WFP website: http://www.wfp.org/careers . Candidates are requested to create an account in WFP E-Recruitment system before applying. Please also include your CV with a cover letter, highlighting your motivation and suitability for this vacancy, as part of an online application.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited to the written test and the interview.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS 12 January 2022