Off-Grid Afrique recruits 01 solar engineer
Off-Grid Africa are looking for a full-time field based solar engineer, to join our fantastic installation team, who are electrifying the Senegalese villages as part of the ASER 300 project.
We are looking for an experienced solar engineer, with a strong knowledge in computer and communication systems. The work is very remote and you will be expected to be able to work in extremely challenging conditions across the whole of Senegal. Your day-to-day activities will include continual commissioning of systems built by out teams, bugfix soft and hardware, report mechanical and software to the teams and document completion of projects for handover.
Furthermore you will be training team members to commission systems, perform site surveys and evaluation for new business and coordinate the work with our German office. Installation work language is French and company internal language is English, so you will need to command both languages at a professional level.
A successful candidate
- You are able to work un-supervised and independently, constantly looking to improve our systems and make the company better
- You have a deep knowledge of computer networking like LAN, IP, NAT, GSM, GPS
- Extensive experience with AC coupled solar systems from SMA – Sunny Island
- A trackrecord of installations
- Ability to work as part of a fast moving team
- Able to work in remote, challenging environments where our systems are going up on a daily basis
- Good understanding of system commissioning and engineering, both soft and hardware
- A team player
- Understanding of iternations, SCRUM, AGILE, manufacturing is a a bonus
- Experience with lead acid and lithium batteries
You can see more about our company here youtube.com/offgrideurope
A successful candidate speaks Fluent French and English and ideally is available to begin asap.
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Closing date : 14 February 2022.