PATH recruits 01 Geographical Information System Manager
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
The Malaria Control and Evaluation Partnership in Africa (MACEPA), a program at PATH, is a leader in the fight to end malaria illnesses and deaths. MACEPA refines and develop tools and approaches, invests in national programs, and builds the data that empower national governments to pursue elimination. MACEPA is partnering with countries that have achieved major reductions in malaria illness to develop evidence-based approaches to eliminating the disease. The approach involves optimizing coverage of prevention, diagnosis, and treatment interventions, and advanced surveillance methods to track and treat remaining cases.
PATH seeks to recruit a Geographical Information System Manager to support the work of data collection and management of malaria case investigation activities in northern Senegal. The GIS Manager will work closely with the Malaria Control and Elimination Partnership in Africa (MACEPA) and will be based at the level of region to provide close support to teams working at the district level. Also, the GIS Manager join a team of data management to participate on the development of the geographical information system (GIS) and the spatial analysis of the population at risk.
- Support the case investigation activities in collaboration with the focal point
- Coordination with the District Level Health Staff and Regional Level Health Staff
- Coordinates the collection of the geographic boundaries of the health facilities.
- Support the creation of shapefiles with the areas of responsibility of the health facilities divided by urban and rural areas.
- Support the mapping of malaria cases by neighborhood/village with historical malaria data.
- Contribute to the spatial analysis of malaria risks in the areas of responsibility (neighborhood/village)
- Contributes to the development of a monitoring and evaluation plan for project activities in collaboration with the Area Coordinators and Regional Focal Point
- Organize DHIS2 rapid reporting data collection with the districts
- Ensure data collection, completion and quality of data of rapid reporting DHIS2
- Participate in the training of districts on the use of DHIS2 and data analysis.
- Develop analysis reports (Excel, DHIS2, Tableau) and ensure management of malaria case investigation data in districts of responsibility
- Develop new analysis reports based on the needs of the local users
- Develop analytics dashboard and train end user on the use
- Organize and conduct regular data verification and correction for Malaria Case Investigation at the site level in collaboration with focal point
- Contribute to the implementation of the data quality assurance and data quality control system to guarantee the quality of the database by using DHIS2 in the various information processing phases (from collection to production of report in the most appropriate format to serve as a decision-making tool)
- Organize and conduct continuous data quality audit
- Provide support to the implementation of the case investigation
- Participate in malaria district review if needed with the focal point
- Bachelor’s degree or qualification in a related field such as GIS, Statistic, Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and good experience in the field health geographical information system
- Experience in processing and analyzing health surveillance data.
- Experience in training on how to use digital tools and mobile devices
- Experience in monitoring field activities
- Good knowledge of mobile data collection tools: ODK, DHIS2 or any other tools adapted to field surveys
- Good knowledge of DHIS2
- Experience in data management and processing with tools like Excel, Stata, R
- Experience in data analysis (quantitative and qualitative)
- Experience in data visualization with tools like Tableau Software, Power BI
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good level of French and English
- Good team spirit
- Experience in GIS data management (map of geographical spaces and building of shapefiles)
- Experience with GIS tools (ArcGIS, QGIS, etc.)
- Experience with spatial analysis methods
- Strong team player
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
Closing date : 24 February 2022. Postuler