Passerelles numériques (PN), a non-profit organization, is dedicated to enabling highly disadvantaged youths, through their abilities and their commitment, to access education and technical and vocational training, in the sector of Information Technology. We work to build strong employability which will allow them and their families to sustainably escape poverty, and contribute to the social and economic development of their countries.
Established in Cambodia, the Philippines and Vietnam, Passerelles numériques currently trains around 500 students and employs around 100 people based in these three countries including a small team in France.
Passerelles numériques relies on the financial and skills sponsorship of several corporate partners such as Accenture, Econocom and Microsoft and also receives support from individual donors.
In Cambodia, Passerelles numériques started its mission in 2005, with a training center based in Phnom Penh. PN Cambodia offers a two-year vocational training program for young people in precarious situations. Today, PN Cambodia (PNC) trains 100 students and graduated 1389 young disadvantaged since 2005.
CONTEXT AND MISSION
The Selection process in Passerelles numeriques aims to select the future students joining our program. During the different steps and especially during exams and social investigations, the selection team is collecting data.
The mission of the intern/volunteer is to analyse this data in order to improve our curriculum linked to the students’ strengths or areas of improvement.
Then, in relation with the selection and training teams, he will participate in the exam entrance improvement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of selection manager, the intern will be responsible to the following:
– New batch selection data analyzing – Comparing data between the past years’ selection (poverty evolution per province, students’ academic level evolution…)
– Creating nice infographics to ensure a clear communication
– Suggesting of improvements for the information sessions
– Participating in the information sessions in Cambodian provinces
– Analyzing and updating the written exams in English, Mathematics and Computational thinking
– Preparing a transition report for the next person in charge of data analysis
– Supporting the Selection team on other daily tasks
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor/Master level: specialty Math, Data analysis, logistic,
- Previous internship preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and very good communication skills (oral and written)
- Methodical, organized and thorough
- Strong knowledge of Math and Logic
- Strong Analytical skills
- Willing to work data analysis topic
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google suite
- Excellent written and spoken English (working language of the project)
– Unpaid volunteer or internship
– A possibility of accommodation at the students’ dormitory for all or part of the assignment (subject to availability)
– For people paying income tax in France, all the costs of the assignment (e.g. plane tickets, vaccines, insurance and visa) are considered as donations and as such are 66% tax-deductible
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter in English to [email protected] , stating ‘Student Selection Intern’ in the subject.