SOS MEDITERRANEE recruits 01 Human ressources manager (Search And Rescue – Central Mediterranean) based in Marseille
SOS MEDITERRANEE is a civil European rescue association founded in 2015. Facing the humanitarian tragedy and the lack of adequate rescue capacity in the Mediterranean on the deadliest migratory route in the world, a group of European citizens created a maritime and humanitarian association in order to rescue the persons in distress at sea, to protect and assist them, as well as to testify about the realities and many faces of migration.
Today, SOS MEDITERRANEE is a network composed of four national associations (Germany, France, Italy, Switzerland) sharing the same mandate. Search and Rescue (SAR) operations have been carried out since February 2016 in the Central Mediterranean off the Libyan coasts with the chartered ships Aquarius and Ocean Viking . To date 34 000 people have been rescued by SOS MEDITERRANEE.
SOS MEDITERRANEE is recruiting asap an onshore HR manager for its Department of Operations. Based in Marseille (France) under the responsibility of SOS MEDITERRANEE’s Director of Operations or Deputy Director of Operations, the HR manager is responsible for designing the overall HR strategy for the operations, in coherence with the rest of the SOS MEDITERRANEE network (*) : setting up HR frameworks, procedures and HR policies (on salaries, on appraisal and evaluation, on trainings, on external support, etc…), adapting them to needs, implementing them and ensuring their implementation by ship and shore teams, ensuring correct administrative HR management of all staff working for the department (shore and ship).
(*) in particular close functional relation with the SOS MEDITERRANEE France Deputy General Director, acting HR Director, taking into account that the Operations Department is legally hosted within the French association and that the majority of shore staff is under French working contracts.
ROLES AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Advise Directors of Operation on set up (organizational chart, work on communication flows) and together with the Logistician & Administrative Coordinator and relevant managers, update job descriptions
- Execute recruitment activities ensuring transparency and equity, issuing job offers conveniently in order to meet HR needs (onshore and offshore), supporting managers in their recruitment processes and needs
- Supervise the HR and admin officer for recruitment and HR administrative management tasks related to the operation offshore
- Develop and harmonize the necessary HR tools and procedures in particular close functional relation with the French association Deputy General Director
- supervise the implementation of those by all team members
- Supervise technically and maintain a strong functional link with the administrative team (with a specific link with the SOS MEDITERRANEE French association for coherence)
- Together with Directors of Operations, support the line managers in implementing the internal human resources policies in order to boost staff active participation and SOS commitment.
- Support managers in the OPS department in the definition of objective for all shore and ship staff, support appraisal and ensure follow-up of staff
- Review and adapt the existing evaluation mechanism for ‘learning and development’ of both teams (onshore and offshore)
- Ensure the uniformity in the understanding, knowledge and application of human resources policies/procedures at all relevant levels and in close collaboration with the French association
- Ensures all HR reporting of the operations, establish monthly and yearly dashboards for employees and managers
- Supervises the collection of all data related to monthly salary calculation (days off, unpaid leaves, sick leaves, etc.), in order to ensure on time and accurate salary payments.
- Support managers in detecting training needs, in properly evaluating people performance, in order to improve people capabilities, and their end results contribution to mission goals.
- Assist Director of Operations, and/or team leaders and managers to draw up annual holiday planning and staff shifts in order to forecast HR needs and to ensure HR availability for the operations
- Act as an HR focal point for all the Operations staff to receive demands, requests for information, personal considerations, or constraints to be taken into account, wishes for development, complaints. Liaise with the CSE (Social and economic committee) to inform Ops department staff. Ensure follow-up and raise concerns to other managers in an impartial and organized way, for decision-making and policy establishment.
- With the Medical Advisor, support Directors of Operations in establishing the most advanced psychological services possible for teams, monitor implementation, use of the service and need for developments
- Together with counterparts or designated staff in the four national SOS MEDITERRANEE associations, particularly with the SOS MEDITERRANEE France Deputy General Director, structure, develop and implement a coherent European human resources internal framework
Expériences / Formation
JOB QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- Significant work experience in the management of HR in complex humanitarian projects, including in emergency situations
- Track-record of recruitment and HR management of multinational teams, under various contracting schemes
- Familiar with French Labour Law
- Knowledge specifics of German and/or Italian and/or Norwegian and/or Swiss Labour Laws would be an asset
- Experience or understanding of maritime Labour conventions and crewing practices would be an asset
- Open minded, proactive, and willing to constantly readjust the set up and strive to contribute to the development of an efficient operation
- Committed to the vision, mission and values of SOS MEDITERRANEE.
- Proven management skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Sound teamwork experience
- Ability to work in an international structure with a strong civil mobilization and many volunteers.
- Readiness to take decisions and responsibilities.
- Excellent reporting ability.
- Familiarity with MS Office and skilled in the use of ICT.
- Knowledge of migration issues and context of the Mediterranean are an advantage.
- Fluent in English and French, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of Italian and/or German is an advantage.
Terms of contract:
- One year renewable contract
- Full time contract
- Starting as soon as possible
- Based in Marseille
- Regular Europe-wide travel
- Potential evenings and week-end work
Annual gross salary : from 37 000 EUR according to the candidate’s professional experience.
Salary advantages : Ticket restaurant, French health complementary insurance. Five weeks of paid leaves and recovery for extra hours
Please send your application (CV and cover letter) in English no later than 15 th October 2021 via email to [email protected] and indicate “Application HR Manager – OPS” as the subject of the email . Kindly note that no information will be given by telephone.
When you apply for a job, we collect and store your personal data within our recruitment department for the administrative management of applications and the recruitment process. The purpose of the information requested as a candidate for employment is to assess the professional qualities and skills of your application, to the exclusion of any other purpose. The legal basis for this processing is to obtain your consent and for pre-contractual measures for the employment contract. If your application is successful, this data will be kept for the duration of your contract. If your application is not successful, this data will be deleted immediately unless you advise us otherwise. In accordance with the French Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978 and European regulations, you may access your data, rectify it, request its deletion or exercise your right to limit the processing of your data. You can request more information and exercise your rights at any time by contacting SOS MEDITERRANEE – France CS 20585 // 13205 Marseille Cedex 01 – France. [email protected]