|RTI International recruits 01 Project Summary Deputy|
Description de l’offre
RTI International is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition.
Position Project Summary Deputy
Chief of Party RTI’ is recruiting a Deputy Chief of Party (COP) to support the USAID/OWOD project implementation in Senegal.
USAID/OWOD focuses on achieving sustainable improvement and effective utilization of the Senegalese healthcare system by addressing key causes of maternal and child morbidity and mortality, protecting communities from infectious diseases, and strengthening health systems. USAID/OWOD is an Integrated District Health (IDH) project to provide comprehensive support to health districts in five priority regions (Diourbel, Kolda, Sedhiou, Tambacounda, and Kedougou) to be more effective, inclusive and connected through a common vision of quality universal healthcare co-verage.
This will be centered around the « plans de travail annuels (PTAs) » developed and implemented in partnership with district-level actors as well as regions, coupled with ensuring that communities are strengthened in their demand for, and oversight of, quality health service provision across all levels.
USAI D/OWOD strives to serve as a catalyst to transform Senegal’s health system at scale, delivering measurable and sustainable improvements in health outcomes, particularly for the country’s most vulnerable women and children, to address the key drivers of maternal, neonatal and child morbidity and mortality.
• Supports the Chief of Party (COP) in providing technical direction and leadership of the project.
• Provides oversight of the Regional Offices and district level implementation.
• Facilitates close coordination with the central, regional, and district technical teams.
• Develops and adapts technical strategies, approaches, and activities to achieve objectives, and applies and contextualizes global best practices and learning to the Senegalese setting.
• Oversees assessment and planning activities in the field and be responsible for coordinating the input of project’s Technical Advisors and Specialists to the 14 districts. o In the absence of the COP, serves as Acting COP and the project’s key representative to USAID, Government of Senegal relevant civil society organizations, and other sta-keholders.
• Takes a leadership role in work planning and implementation of project activities by collaborating with the COP and ensuring that project activities meet USAID/Senegal and stakeholders’ expectations.
• Works with the COP to manage project performance and results, including oversight and direction of the project’s technical, operational, and administrative staff.
• Works closely with the COP throughout the first two years of the project to take on greater responsibility and oversight of project activities, management of staff, and col-laboration with local stakeholders.
• Ensures coordination and collaboration with other USAID implementing partners and cross-sector programs, as appropriate, at the subnational level.
Location : Dakar
Medical doctor degree with at least 8 years’ experience in international health programming, including at least five years’ experience in senior level management positions and experience leading large and complex health projects.
Specialty in malariology, maternal and newborn child health, or strengthening health systems with a focus on capacity building of local stakeholders and health gover-nance.
• Regional or District-level medical doctor experience in Senegal, including with rural populations in low-resource settings.
• Demonstrated experience in effectively engaging partners and managing multi-partner collaboration in the field.
• Demonstrated ability to manage staff and decentralized branch/field offices.
• Proven ability to develop effective working relationships with USAID, government counterparts at all levels, local organizations, and other program partners.
• Ability to develop a common vision among partners and lead multi-disciplinary teams.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and management skills.
• Possesses the required oral, written communication, presentations skills in French (equivalent to R4/S4) and English (equivalent to R2/S2).
Senegalese citizens/nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
COMMENT POSTULER ?
How to apply Send cover letter and CV to : [email protected]
Please visit our website at www.rti.org/globalhealth for more information on our work in global health.