Save the Children recruits 01 Regional safety & security advisor west, central & north africa (WCNA)
About us / Infos
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organization, we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over
one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year. To support us with this important responsibility we are now looking for a committed:
Reporting directly to the Global Head of Safety & Security, the Regional Safety & Security Advisor (RSSA) is responsible for overseeing the security and risk management processes for SOS Children’s Villages in the WCNA Region while ensuring transparency, accountability and the efficient and proper use of organizational resources.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide matrix leadership and develop a network of national security managers and security focal points in the National Associations (NA).
- Drive SOS security capacity across the organization through transparent communication and effective stakeholder management.
- Serve as ultimate accountable for delivery of security strategies including guard force performance.
- Ensure adequate communication on security issues across the program locations.
- Provide advice and respond to training needs to develop staff safety and security competencies.
Protect the Organization
- Update and implement security strategies in the regional office and across all NA.
- Investigate security incidents to include instances of fraud.
- Lead the development and review of security plans and procedures including contingency and crisis response plans, severe incidents, and standard operating procedures.
- Undertake regular security assessment missions to all program locations across the WCNA Region.
- Monitor the reporting and data gathering of security incidents and generate analysis/reports on security trends.
- Build a professional culture of candor and integrity.
Manage Empowering Relationships
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with key external stakeholders in the WCNA Region.
- Live the humanitarian values (neutrality, impartiality, independence & humanity) in interactions with external stakeholders.
Develop and Innovate
- Ensure professional development and continuous awareness of developments in the security profession.
- Seek to apply learning and other innovation to safety and security program.
- Possess strong integrity, emotional intelligence and communication skills.
- Knowledge of functional leadership in global organizations.
- University degree.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in the field of Security.
- Very good command of French. Competence in English and other UN languages would be welcome.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Positive working attitude and ability to work under high pressure.
- Pro-active and self-motivated to learn and acquire additional competences needed for the job.
- Diverse, creative and challenging opportunities in an international working environment
- Possibility to make significant, positive contribution
- Competitive compensation package and excellent development opportunities
- In accordance with the organisation’s child protection policy, all employment is subject to applicable background checks, including criminal record checks
What We Stand For
SOS Children’s Villages is committed to creating and maintaining a caring and protective environment, which promotes its core values, and prevents and addresses child abuse and exploitation. We strongly condemn all forms of child abuse and exploitation, be it within or outside of our organization, and always respond to any case of proven, alleged or attempted abuse within our sphere of influence according to its nature. Eff orts ensure that mechanisms are in place to
raise awareness, aid prevention, encourage reporting and ease response. They range from human resource development actions such as training and counselling to measures such as suspension, dismissal, and legal action
If you are interested in this position, Please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume and cover letter in English by February 24, 2022
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged Postuler