Desired start date:
Duration of the mission: 1 year
Location: Amman, Jordan for Syria mission
ABOUT THE MISSION
SI, which has been present in Syria since 2013 is dedicated to work on recently opened and challenging areas to provide lifesaving activities to the population affected by the conflict. Main current activities are related to emergency wash (water distribution and rehabilitation) and distribution of essential NFI (winterization) and cash.
The mission is expanding through a major consortium with 4 partners led by SI. The LEARN consortium ( Linking Assistance and Relief in Northeast Syria ) will support equitable and safe access to essential basic services including WASH, Shelter and Health, for the most vulnerable populations affected by conflict and displacement in Northeast Syria.
SI is looking for a Compliance Specialist.
Line Manager : Chief of Party
ABOUT THE JOB
- He/she carries out internal organizational audit missions and contributes to the success of annual external audits
- He/she participates in the project risk management
- He/ she act as focal point on the treatment of project alerts and complaints
- Is proactive in ensuring the implementation of good practices in line with OFDA guidelines and ensuring project’s proper implementation
- He takes care of Internal Audit & Internal control
- He/She is the focal point regarding management of project alerts and complaints.
The main challenges:
- Independent position from other departments
- Be able to challenge partner’s teams on practices through internal audit exercises
- Contribute to minimizing project risks
Major Stakes :
- Under the direction of the Chief of Party; analyses the possibility of setting up an alert and complaint mechanism within the consortium
- Ensure a good understanding of the position by the partners Understand the internal procedures of each partner
Specific skills and experience:
- Essential: Previous experiences within NGOs preferably on management positions in support functions
- Essential: Experience in the conduct financial/logistics control or data analysis
- Essential : Knowledge and experience working with OFDA donors guidelines
Skills and knowledge:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Analytical skills and synthetic spirit are essential
- Ability to question and challenge in a diplomatic way
- Comfortable with excel and financial management tools
- English : fluent with good writing capacities
- Arabic: fluent will be an asset
- French: fluent will be an asset
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post: starting from 2860 € gross per month, according to experience (+ 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly Per Diem of 785 USD. The salary is negotiable with SI.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of one break every three months. Our policy was just modified: from now on, Solidarités offers you 7 working days ever three months, with a 850 USD allowance for each break. In addition to these regular break, SI adds a day off per worked month. These days off as well as the breaks are not deducted from the paid leaves that are paid every months with your salary as they are offered by the organization.
Social and medical cover: During your mission with SI, you will benefit from an insurance package, which compiles during your expatriation time : health insurance, civil liability, contingency & repatriation. Conditions of those insurances will be explained to you during your HR administrative briefing.
LIVING CONDITIONS :
In Amman, security risks are extremely low and restrictions are very limited.
Field visit: Security inside NES is volatile and justifies specific arrangements for accommodation and displacements in the areas of intervention. Adherence to strict security procedures is necessary, while the security levels can vary according to the different geographical locations and the changes of context.
Living conditions in Amman are very good and staffs have access to a wide range of restaurants, cafes and bars. Most of occidental products (food, clothing…) are easily accessible in Amman. The country also proposes several destinations for weekends.
Accommodation will be in SI guesthouses which are spacious and very comfortable or Housing/Family packages could be also proposed.
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension