*Please submit your CV in English.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The purpose of this position is to provide strategic leadership and oversight of regional support to National Offices (NOs) with a primary focus on National Office (NO) strategy implementation in alignment with the WVI partnership strategy and the development of integrated programmes strategically aligned to improve child well-being.
The position will provide functional leadership to the Faith and Development, Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor, Sponsorship Advisor to deliver on their strategic objectives and game changers.
The position coordinates with the WV Global Centre and Collaboration office to ensure NO strategy formulation, alignment, execution/performance and reporting are in line with Our promise and the SDGs. The position also coordinate with the WV Global Strategy Centres Global Field Operations team to oversee implementation of key regional and global initiatives, support NOs metrics, Strategic Support Teams (SST), Global National Office Dashboard, Partnership Strategic Scorecard and Programme Capability and Performance Review; Global Evidence & Learning, Global Technical Service Operations to ensure support for quality and effective programming and reporting.
While upholding the reserve powers of the Region, the evidence and learning team will assure quality standards across the work of the nine National Offices across the region. This will include ensuring DME capacity, ensuring all relevant standards are met, quality of Child Well-Being reporting, programming systems and processes. This team will also seek to identify and grow innovative methods in PE and sponsorship that contribute to the Partnership and NO strategies. The team will work closely with technical staff from the WVI GC Technical Services Organization (TSO) and in NOs to assure quality technical approaches and guidance and technical DME.
The Director will be part of the Regional Directors team reporting into the Senior Director of Operations (SDO) and will be a member of the Integrated Programming Team.
Leadership & Collaboration:
- Advise the SDO and Regional Leader on decisions and resources needed to enable and sustain high standards of programme quality (including child sponsorship) across the West Africa Region.
- Lead and advise the National Offices and Regional Office leadership in strengthening evidence driven organizational development.
Strategy Alignment and Realization:
- Coordinate strategy alignment, across the region
- Coordinate the implementation of strategic initiatives related to OP and in the region.
- Facilitate and support the implementation of WVIs strategy, Our Promise, in the Western Africa Region.
- Coordinate regional office reporting on the strategy realization framework indicators and the World Vision International Board scorecard.
- Participate in all key Partnership strategy network meetings organized by Strategy Realisation and Innovation (SRI) to ensure NO strategy alignment to Our Promise.
- Liaise with the Strategy Realisation and Innovation (SRI) office on matters related to methodology, use of tools, quality of work and integration with Partnership-wide standards.
- Support NO programme effectiveness and strategy staff regarding Partnership recommended strategy development methodologies and best practices.
- Coordinate standardized strategy measurement and reporting in NOs.
- Coordinate Technical Service Operations (TSO) requests in the region to strengthen strategic oversight of technical programmes.
- Support NO metrics, Strategic Support Team (SST), Global National Office Dashboard (GNOD), Partnership Strategy scorecard and Programme Capability and Performance Review (PCPR) process.
Programme Quality and Effectiveness:
- Ensure implementation of programming quality standards and associated Technical Programmes in NOs.
- Ensure that relevant Programme Management approaches, including DPA as well as systems and tools are applied in programmes.
- Ensure adequate DME competencies and processes in place in all NOs.
- Coordinate Support implementation and effective use of key global initiatives including Horizon 3.0 and TFE to enhance NO M&E systems.
- Ensure that LEAP 3 implementation plans are developed, shared and implemented in all NOs.
- Ensure functional PSTs and that effective use of TSO and GTRN is established as appropriate in all NOs.
- Ensure a functional Regional programme quality core team in place for NO peer support (e.g. health, livelihood, education, WASH, etc.)
- Work with NOs to produce high quality impact report that demonstrate evidence of our work and that changes to programmes are implemented based on findings.
- Ensure that Fragile Context Programming Tools and Model are applied and implemented in fragile contexts in West Africa.
- Ensure that learning from CAR, Mali, Niger and Chad as a Fragile Contexts are documented and shared with the Partnership to contribute to improving tools and enhancing models for FC.
Evidence and Collaboration with other Global and Regional Teams:
- Work closely with GC E&L and SOs to conduct impact and ex post evaluations.
- Establish and strengthen linkages and networks with relevant WV communities of practice and experts, leading institutions, governments and other organizations.
- Coordinate and support the mobilization of technical expertise across the region, ensuring effective knowledge management, and continuous improvement of programming.
- Ensure that Sponsorship is effectively integrated in end-to-end programming processes particularly with Sectoral Teams and Technical Programmes.
- Support enhancement of sponsorship business processes through technology and innovation.
- Coordinate contextualization of Sponsorship field operating model for use in NOs.
- End-to-end sponsorship processes/systems simplified and streamlined in NOs.
- Facilitate the use of Child Monitoring information to inform programming in NOs.
- Contribute to Resource development by providing evidence of programming impact.
- Seek project funding for PE and sponsorship enhancement and innovation.
- Collaborate with the WAR Resource Acquisition and Management unit (RAM), NOs and SO to support resource development efforts, especially quality of programme designs.
- Nurture a cohesive, focused and effective team.
- Ensure all staff annual plans and individual performance indicators are achieved.
- Conduct staff performance reviews of direct reports and ensure individual learning plans are achieved.
- Develop annual business plan and ensuring that individual and team activities are within approved plan and budget.
- Actively promote staff care practices & policies within the regional Programme Quality team and with NO counterparts.
- Contribute and support activities that enrich and develop mutual growth in Christ in a way that promotes holistic and integrated witness in our life and work and impacts the poor and vulnerable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- At least 10 years’ experience in relief and development work, out of which at least 5 years must be in a senior leadership position at national or regional level preferably in World Vision Western Africa or similar contexts.
- Very good experience in designing technical programmes such as child protection, food security, primary health care, micro enterprises development and disaster management.
- Very good experience in impact measurement and DME practices including LEAP 3.
- Very good experience in strategy development and strategy monitoring processes.
- Very good leadership and people management skills.
- Very good analytical, quantitative and qualitative using computer programmes.
- Very good experience in designing and facilitating technical training programmes.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must be people-minded and relational with WV staff at all levels.
- Must have excellent communication skills, negotiation and conflict resolution abilities.
- Must be grounded in biblical knowledge, particularly as it relates to the holistic Mission and calling of World Vision.
- Demonstrated skills in designing development programmes in various religious and socio cultural contexts.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Demonstrated competencies in monitoring and evaluation including the accompanying MIS and Horizon.
- Excellent facilitation, negotiation, coordination and networking skills at all levels.
- Understanding of various Western Africa contexts through experience working in the region.
- Perform other duties as required.
- A Masters degree in management or a social science field required.
- Language skills: English and French.
- Persuasive and passionate communication skills with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Evidence of advanced knowledge and skills in use quantitative data analysis tools such as EPI INFO, SPSS, SAS, STATA etc. and or qualitative data analysis tools e.g. NVivo, ATLAS.ti.
- Exposure to mobile data collection software for surveys and assessments.
- Familiarity with global standards for metrics related to development and emergency humanitarian responses.
- Experience in designing evaluations for integrated programmes to measure performance and impact.
- Evidence of developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation frameworks in for community based multiple funded programmes.
- Office-based with frequent travel to the field.
Ability to travel up to 35% domestic and International travel.